Carmelitas

Have you ever been In Katrina’s Kitchen? No? Well I have, and it is a wonderful place to be, let me tell you. Okay, so I’ve only really been in her virtual kitchen, i.e. her blog, but it really is a wonderful place to be. If you have a sweet tooth and you like gazing at wonderful baked goods for hours on end, In Katrina’s Kitchen will not disappoint. It’s a veritable wonderland of sweets and treats. And Katrina herself is one of those lovely, sweet people whose personality seems to jump through the computer screen. I don’t know her in real life, but I am pretty sure that she’s one of those people who would give really great hugs when you need one.

That’s why I was so thrilled when Katrina asked if I would guest post for her while she was away for a few days. Turns out she’s taking a much-needed vacation with her husband, while her little one stays behind. And the best part is that she’s vacationing in my childhood town, Toronto. She asked my advice for things to do and see, so I hope she’s having a good time. I want her to come back from my hometown and home country with a good impression! It’s a city I love dearly and miss very much. I might be a little jealous that she’s spending some time there.

For my guest post, I decided to go with a full-sugar treat. Sorry, low carb friends and readers, but sometimes I get the urge to bake the conventional way. And my kids and husband deserve a sugar-rush from time to time. So I baked up one of my all-time favourites, Carmelitas. Katrina said she’d never heard of them, so I knew this was a perfect opportunity to introduce her to the ooey-gooey, caramel-ly, oatmeal-ly, chocolatey goodness. Because although I don’t eat much sugar myself anymore, I like to lead others astray!

For the full recipe, please head on over to Katrina’s lovely blog. Enjoy your time In Katrina’s Kitchen!

Comments

I will definitely be checking out your guest post:-)

2. Emily @ Life on Food says:

I am heading over there now. I love carmel but don't use it nearly enough. Cannot wait to see the recipe!

3. The Harried Cook says:

Great guest post, Carolyn! Loved reading it and drooling over your pictures on Katrina's blog… :)

4. Absolutely! Sometimes you just have to have that full out sweetness.

5. Going to read the recipe now! I have never tried these before, but they look and sound amazing!

6. Parsley Sage says:

On my way now! These look ACE :) Buzzed and stumbled (i think…) :)

7. Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen says:

I've never heard of these before either. They look amazing! Heading over to Katrina's blog to check them out more!!

8. I've never heard of carmelitas either, but by the looks of them, I might have found a new favorite baked good! Heading over to check out the guest post now =)

9. Beloved Green says:

How fun! I'll hop over and check it out.

10. Eating Deliciously says:

Heading over to get the recipe now. These look fantastic!

11. I love carmelita bars….. I often buy the ones made at Whole Foods if I'm not in the mood to eat an entire batch lol. These look super tasty.

I want, I want, I want. So, I'm not leaving a comment here. Instead I'm heading straight to Katrina's to get the recipe. So there.

13. purabi naha says:

Carmelitas are even new to me…I loved them and really appreciate this post. Would love to visit here again.

14. Island Vittles says:

Just a quick stop to comment here before I go check out that recipe — I`ve never heard of carmelitas, but they are calling to me…the looks remind me of date squares — only better! Theresa

15. I love this idea Carolyn..I visited Katrina's kitchen and I couldn't agree more:))) Congrats on the guest post..i will check it out!:)

16. Awesome guest post! And love how that carmelita is balancing on that glass! So cool! :D

17. Maris (In Good Taste) says:

These look lovely. Must go get the recipe!

18. Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

Hi Carolyn! What a great introduction of Katrina and I love your writing – it's always like I'm sitting at the story time. =) I'll head over now.

19. Oh, I love carmelitas! Off to read your guest post~

20. Kate@Diethood says:

Oh I loooove Katrina!! And I am really really loving these carmelitas… they are beautiful!

21. These look wonderful and I'm off to read the recipe.

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

22. Priscilla - She's Cookin' says:

I don't each much sugar either, Carolyn – but I do love eye candy :) Your Carmelitas look divine and I'm sure your husband and kids enjoyed the sugar rush! Enjoy your weekend!

23. Yum! These sound wonderful! I was curious as to what carmelitas were, and now I might have to try making them!

24. Angela@RecipesFromMyMom says:

These do look so gooey and crumb-tastic at the same time. Love the caramel and oat flavors. So nice of you to help Katrina out with her vacation plans and guest post.

25. sweetpeaskitchen.com says:

These sound amazing!!! This does look like a wonderful fall treat! :)

26. I just made Carmelita Oatmeal Cookies yesterday and posted them. Had a craving. Mmm! (I'm a different Katrina);)

27. Let's Eat Some Good Food says:

love it..

28. So good. And nice to see two great people in one place.

29. This is the first time I read this stuff and it looks absolutely great for my kids. I will definitely prepare one.

30. Cake Duchess says:

These carmelitas look fabulous! I would eat a few for sure. That is wonderful that you guest posted for Katrina while she is enjoying herself in Toronto:) Have a super weekend, Carolyn. xx

31. Shumaila says:

Those look great! heading over to Katrina's Kitchen for the recipe and bookmarking the recipe!

32. Wilde in the Kitchen says:

These treats look so good, totally heading over there for the full recipe! :)

33. briarrose says:

Oooo…..must head over and check out the recipe.

34. I love carmelitas, but have never made them..can't wait to try!