Summer’s End Ice Cream Round Up

Are you as startled as I am that it is already September 1st? Where did the summer go? I remember looking forward to it so much, to the heat and humidity and all that comes along with that. Trips to the beach and running through the sprinklers, the sound of cicadas, cooking food on the grill…and ice cream, eating lots and lots of ice cream. Back in June, all of this stretched out before me, like it would last forever. But of course, it didn’t. It went by in a flash and even though we packed a lot of activity into our days, I have the sensation that summer somehow passed me by. My son heads off to Grade 1 next week, and my two daughters will be in preschool a few days each week. When school starts, in my mind that’s when summer ends.

But I am not quite willing to let it go just yet. To celebrate the last few days of warmth and laziness, I decided to catalog some of the amazing homemade ice cream treats that caught my eye over the past few months. I had a lot of fun making my own ice cream and other frozen treats this summer, and by all accounts, I am not the only one. My fellow bloggers came up with some gorgeous flavours, and took pictures that left me salivating. If you love ice cream, you have to check out all of these wonderful links.

Let me be clear that this post was a huge undertaking. I had no idea how much work it would be when I started it. For one thing, I took the time to ask each and every blogger if I could use their image. I am a good girl and I believe in respecting copyright! That in itself took time. As did saving and uploading each image and creating the link back to each blog. As I was finishing it up, there were many more amazing ice cream creations posted that I simply didn’t have time to include. Still, I tried to get a good sampling of all sorts of flavours, as well as ice cream sandwiches, cakes and pies.

So please, do me the favour of taking a peek because I put a lot of work into this! Enjoy!

FRUIT FLAVOURS:

Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream from Runs with Spatulas

Blackberry Peach Ice Cream from Sweet Life Bakes

Peach Ice Cream with Raspberry Swirls

Strawberry Nutella Swirl Ice Cream from What’s Cookin’, Chicago?

Blackberry Lemonade Ice Cream from Perry’s Plate

Mango Ice Cream from Delicious WordFlux

Strawberry Daiquiri Ice Cream from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures

Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures

Raspberry Pavlova Ice Cream from Poires Au Chocolat

Blueberry Ice Cream from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen

Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from My Baking Addiction (via GoodLife Eats)

Strawberry and Rose Petal Ice Cream from Alchemy in the Kitchen

Roasted Bananas Foster Ice Cream from All That’s Left Are the Crumbs

CHOCOLATE FLAVOURS:

White Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream from What’s Cookin’, Chicago?

Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream from The Craving Chronicles

Nutella Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream from the Hungry Housewife

Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from Chocolate and Carrots

Peanut Bitter and Jelly Ice Cream from The Baker Chick

Pistachio Ice Cream from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts

CARAMEL AND COFFEE FLAVOURS:

Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Butter Pecans from Honeycomb

Coffee Custard Ice Cream with Caramel, Marshmallows and Chocolate Chips from Cooking with Michele

Butterscotch Pecan Ice Cream from Mmm is for Mommy

Tiramisu Ice Cream from Diethood

OTHER INTERESTING FLAVOURS:

Red Bean Ice Cream from Just One Cookbook

Thai Basil Ice Cream from Eats Well with Others

Masala Coffee Ice Cream from Season With Spice

Rose Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream from Diva Eats World

7 Layer Bar Ice Cream from Home Sweet Hopkins

Root Beer Ice Cream from Eat Your Vegetable

Honeycomb Ice Cream from Cooking Lessons

Buttered Popcorn Ice Cream from Clockwork Lemon

Graham Slam Ice Cream from The Dainty Chef

Mascarpone Ice Cream with Caramelized Figs from Beth Michelle

Marshmallow Ice Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!

VEGAN/DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM:

Chocolate, Coconut and Rosemary Ice Cream from Apron Strings Baking

Silky Blueberry Ice Cream from Paleoliscious

Cashew Ice Cream with a Twist from The Purple Carrot

SORBET AND SHERBERT:

Coconut Lime Sorta-Sorbet from In the Hopeful Kitchen

Fresh Cherry Sorbet from Full Circle

Cantaloupe Sorbetto and Kiwi Sorbetto from Week of Menus

Peach Sorbet with Frangelico from Apt. 2B Baking Company

Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet from Stylish Cuisine

ICE CREAM SANDWICHES:

Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Confessions of a Foodie Bride

Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches from Pass The Sushi

Honey Lemon Shortbread with Lemon Thyme Ice Cream from Roots and Platters

Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches with Lemon Coconut Shortbread from Five and Spice

Cheesecake Ice Cream with Gluten Free Graham Crackers from Deliciously Organic

Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches from GoodLife Eats

ICE CREAM PIES AND CAKES:

Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream Pie from Cookin’ Canuck

Homemade Ice Cream Pie Extravaganza from Snappy Gourmet

Toblerone Ice Cream Cake from The Stone Soup

Pistachio Butter Pecan Ice Cream Tart from Sandra’s Easy Cooking

OTHER ICE CREAM CREATIONS:

Baked Alaska from Steph’s Bite by Bite

Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream from Diethood

Cookie Dough Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping from In Katrina’s Kitchen

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars by Keep It Sweet

Comments

1. What a fantastic round up Carolyn, so many delicious treats in one place!! Great idea for a post :) Thanks for including me!

2. Katrina {In Katrina's Kitchen} says:

I'll take 1 of each please. ;) Carolyn this is such a huge post! Wow! I'm honored to be included. Seriously- this is amazing!

3. GrainFreeGroupie says:

This is truly incredible! what an amazing job! can't wait to try some of these!

Ok, I REALLY need to get an ice cream maker before next summer! This is such an amazing collection of recipes, I want to make almost every single one of them. Thank you so much for including my ice cream bars:-)

5. Jennifer @ eatyourvegetable says:

this is such a great, useful post, and quite an undertaking! very nice! thanks for including me :)

6. Heck, yes, this was a LOT of work! But we're all grateful for a fabulous source of all these delicious flavors of ice cream. I'm suddenly in the mood for dessert (and the 98ºforecast today is pushing me towards an icy treat!). Thanks for including me, too! xo

7. My goal for the day was to find a few new blogs and comment on them. And voila! Here's your post with all these amazing links! Well, off I go to meet some new people… ;)

THANK YOU for putting all that work in!

8. I would like one of each please! What an ultra delicious refreshing round up of ice cream creations. Thanks!

9. What a great job Carolyn! Can't believe how much work you put in it, but it looks great! Thank you for including mine!

10. Thank you so much for including me in this amazing list! And it definitely looks like a ton of work!

Now there's so many more flavors I want to try!

11. RavieNomNoms says:

HOLY MOLY!! Look at all those ice creams

12. The Slow Roasted Italian says:

A perfect round up. It has been a lovely summer of ice cream!

Bravo Carolyn. I drooled through the whole thing! I think the Peach sorbet with Frangelico caught my eye the most (and yes, it was because of the Frangelico). Awesome job.

14. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says:

This is a fantastic round up of all of the amazing ice cream recipes that floated around the blog world throughout the summer! I can't decide which ones I like best because they are all awesome!

15. Mmm... is for Mommy says:

What a perfect round up! Thanks for including mine as well :)

16. Kate@Diethood says:

I am out here in Macedonia enjoying a scoop of fig ice cream at this moment…it is ah-mazing!! They have some interesting and truly delicious ice cream flavors out here…can't wait to get to my ice cream maker at home! :)

17. Nami | Just One Cookbook says:

This will be everyone's bookmark for sure. Thank you so much for doing this extra work to create such a wonderful roundup. And thanks for including my red bean ice cream!

18. Cookin' Canuck says:

What a wonderful post, Carolyn. There are so many bloggers I haven't come across featured in this post and I'm excited to check out their blogs. Thanks so much for including my ice cream pie.

19. Everything looks delicious, great job on putting together this post. Thanks for including mine :)

20. Everything looks delicious, great job on rounding up the posts! Thanks for including me!

21. I bow before your awesomeness. What an amazing post! I don't have an ice cream maker but keep debating – this might push me over the edge. What a huge undertaking – you're my hero. :)

Now would someone get me some ice cream. I'm craving it now for some reason…

22. thelittleloaf says:

This is the most amazing round up, wow! I got an ice cream maker for my birthday and have been trying out lots of weird and wonderful recipes…lots of inspiration here, it's made me so hungry! Thanks :-)

23. DessertForTwo says:

Ok, I'm drooling. And starving. Oh my yum!!

24. Caroline @ chocolate and carrots says:

Yay! What a great roundup Carolyn! :) Thank you for including me. :-)

25. Sips and Spoonfuls says:

Carolyn, I cannot even imagine hwo long it must have taken you to do this round-up. There are so many great recipes and photos here! Thanks so much for including me.

26. Carolyn, thank you for including me in this roundup. I found amazing recipes here, and this is great for me, as ice cream is my favorite dessert. I go now, to finish tasting all of them :)

27. Beth Michelle says:

AMAZING round up! You must have worked so hard finding all these great ice creams! Tanks so much for including me :)

28. Claire @ The Realistic Nutritionist says:

Now that is a lot of ice cream. haha. Great roundup!

29. Cassie @ Bake Your Day says:

What an awesome recipe roundup. It has been the summer of ice cream. Most places were so hot, it was the perfect treat!

30. Wowza! Now that's what I call an ice cream round-up!

31. Now that is some serious ice cream!!! What a delicious post. I am honored to be in the company of such delicious folks!

32. I saw you commenting over at Jul's Kitchen and had to visit as I am also in the Boston area! What a great roundup of all those ice creams. good luck getting your kids into the routine of a new school year! We're getting back in the swing ourselves.

33. I'm in awe. This is great, so well organized!

34. Yum! So much inspiration!

35. Cake Duchess says:

This roundup has me craving a bite of each luscious and creamy dessert. You worked so hard on this post and it is totally all droll-worthy:)(I can't believe it's 9/1 either)

36. Girl, you did a great job with this. I am so touched to be included. I know how hard these things are to put together so I appreciate all the work you put in here. What a great lineup of ice creams. I wish I could make them all. I am not hanging up my ice cream maker just yet. Hoping to get one more month out of mine. Still really hot here. Now which one of these do I attempt this weekend??

37. What a great post. I'm inspired to make some more ice cream. Thanks for rounding up all of the great photos.

Diane

38. wow its like the go-to post for all things delicious and frozen :) I'm working my way through the blog post links and everything looks amazing!

39. Angie's Recipes says:

whoa! Awesome ice cream roundup!

40. We're moving into Spring – so this is perfectly timed :) Thank you!

41. Paleoliscious says:

It is really cool how you did this roundup! Thank you for adding me! It was interesting to see so many variations on one theme, gonna try some of them soon definitely!

42. I scream, you scream, we scream for ice cream!! Thanks for including my photo & recipe in this great tribute to summer.

43. Jill@MadAboutMacarons says:

Wow! What an incredible round-up. Represents a whole load of work but look at that list! No excuses not to find some personal favourite flavours and combinations now! Thanks again for your wonderful toasted coconut and rum ice cream on Mad About Macarons, Carolyn. It was a great hit!

44. WOW! I can't even choose which one looks the best to me. What a great round-up!

45. Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} says:

Fabulous round-up! Some of those I saw through my own blog reading but there were SO many I didn't. Thank you for taking the time to introduce some new blogs to me, not to mention delicious recipes!

46. WOW! Yes, I can imagine how much work this was! What a fantastic roundup. I'm seeing new blogs and new treats here…I've got to try that buttered popcorn ice cream. I love the buttered popcorn Jelly Belly flavor, so I'm sure that would be amazing! Yum.

47. The Food Hunter says:

Wonderful round-up…which one should I make first :-)

48. What a lovely idea! Who needs a recipe book, I love following food bloggers more. The flavors are amazing, how do you choose which one to make first? Hugs, Terra

49. Gosh! This round up made me want an ice cream maker even more than I already want one!

50. Roxana GreenGirl says:

Looking at all these ice-cream deliciousness I'm wondering why on Earth haven't I got myself an ice-cream maker! I definitely have to take care of this before next summer!
    Everything looks amazing Carolyn!!

51. Beloved Green says:

It is like ice cream overload with all this goodness in one place. Yum!

52. WOW! Ice cream overload – I think i need a little lie down… amazing post!

53. What an awesome ice cream round up and thank you so much for including me! I am personally pouting that our freezer is packed at the moment and I have no room for any more frozen treats!

54. what a great collection! it really inspires ice cream making and eating!
    thanks for including me in your lovely blog, carolyn!

55. Katie George says:

The post looks great! Thanks so much for including me in the round-up!!

56. marla {family fresh cooking} says:

Girl, you have so many goodies here its crazy. Love that popcorn one. Thanks for sharing such an awesome round up with us.

57. Renee Thomas says:

Fabulous! I have already made low carb versions of the Blueberry Sour cream (6g net carbs in 1/2 cup) and Key Lime Pie (5.4 net carbs in 1/2 cup). Absolutely divine!

58. What a terrific summer of ice-cream! Kim from Cravings of a Lunatic posted on her site that we should all see your line-up. It was a good summer!