Sweet Basil Panna Cotta with Blueberries (Low Carb and Gluten Free)

V3T9WJC38T8R – I was a popular girl this summer, at least in one sense. I was invited to do not one, not two, not even three, but FIVE guest posts for fellow bloggers. I have to say, I am immensely flattered. After all, I do have something of a specialty blog and my recipes aren’t to everyone’s taste. But I’ve made a lot of good blogging friends over the past year, and I am so happy people felt like they could call on me when they needed coverage while on vacation. And I fully intend to do the same when I head out on vacation in October. Plus it’s a really fun way to read and discover new blogs.

This latest guest post is for a blogger I adore, Kate from Diethood. Don’t be fooled by the name of her blog, her recipes are anything but diet-friendly! In fact, I believe Kate’s tagline is “Not a diet-food food blog”. It’s a tongue-in-cheek reference to the idea that people are always saying that their diet will start tomorrow, because tomorrow never really comes now, does it? Despite all the wonderful non-diet recipes on her blog, Kate tells me that she does eat fairly low carb. So I decided to come up with a recipe that could be made either way, with sugar and carbs, or with sweeteners and low carb.

I’d been meaning to try Panna Cotta for a while, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. And all the basil growing in my yard this summer got me thinking how lovely it would be as a flavour for panna cotta. And so it was! But I won’t tell you any more here. You’re going to have to head on over to Diethood for the details and the recipe. Make sure you do, because you’ll love Kate’s blog if you’ve never read it before. And if, like me, you have so much basil in your yard you hardly know what to do with it, you’ll love this recipe.

Sweet Basil Panna Cotta on Diethood.

Comments

1. Janice @ A Healthful Gluten-Free Life says

I saw a picture of this on foodgawker earlier, and then I found it again on my Foodbuzz inbox. I think this is sign that I should give this recipe a try! :)

2. Katherine Martinelli says

This is simply beautiful. Great photos!!! And the recipe looks divine – hard to believe it's low carb!!

3. The Mom Chef says

Well, I'd head over to Kate's place no matter what, but this gives me more reason to go there! The two of you teamed up is a match made in heaven. I love it.

4. Tiffany says

wow, woah, WOAH! look at your new blog! Me encanta! (I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Congrats! And LOVELY panna cotta! I'm a HUGE fan of pairing herbs and fruit! HUGS!

5. Lynn @ I'll Have What She's Having says

I love basil in desserts, it's such an interesting flavour. I'm heading over to Diethood now for your panna cotta recipe!

6. Joanne says

I'm off to go check out the post, but I already know I'll love it. Panna cottas are such dainty desserts…never fail to impress!

7. Roxana GreenGirl says

oh, I love the idea of blubbery combined with basil. Your panna cotta looks great!
    Congrats on so many guest posts!
    Let me know if you need my help while you're on vacation

8. Eileen says

I had never made panna cotta before a Daring Baker challenge. Once I made it I was hooked. Your panna cotta looks beautiful!

9. Annapet says

Absolutely beautiful! I love blueberries so much I have to buy an extra basket in case I plan on making something with them.

Congratulations on Guest Posting…Truly, it's like guesting on TV shows.

10. Heather Jacobsen says

so sorry about the meringues. they look beautiful though. :) i remember the panna cotta and thought it looked awesome. last year this time, I probably would have made it! but unfortunately i've developed a dairy allergy since then, so i have to avert my eyes whenever i see things like heavy cream. :( i hope someone will enjoy it for me on my behalf.