Chili Round-Up

I don’t know about you, but it sure hasn’t felt much like winter round these parts. It’s very odd, but here we are, past the middle of January, and we’ve only had two light dustings of snow. And the majority of days have been above the freezing mark. I am not complaining, mind you, because last year we had enough snow to last a lifetime and it was miserable. And surely next year, we will be hit hard again, just to remind us that we do live in New England, after all. But for now, I am enjoying it, getting outside for runs and not having to clear our long driveway.

I’ve been planning a chili round-up for a while, but since it hasn’t been that cold, I haven’t been craving comfort food the way I usually do. This past weekend, however, was pretty bitter. And of course my thoughts automatically turned to soups and stews and chilis. I adore chili, with it’s thick, spicy broth. We definitely have our all-time favourite chili, our Turkey Chili Verde, in this house, but there is so much you can do to vary the flavours and textures. Almost any chili is a hit in this family. So I called upon my friends to send me their chili links, because it’s fun to see what other people like in their chili. ENJOY!

And if you have a great chili recipe, link it up below. I can always use more ideas for chili!

Cincinnati Chili with Spaghetti and Cheese from Creative Culinary

Cowboy Chili from She’s Cookin’

Best Chili You’ll Ever Eat from Farmgirl Gourmet

Skillet Chili from A Communal Table

Green Chicken Chili from Created by Diane

New Mexican Chili Verde from A Spicy Perspective

Turkey and Black Bean Chili from The Keenan Cookbook

Steak Chili from Evil Shenanigans

Pumpkin Beef Chili from Chocolate and Carrots

White Bean Chili from Burn Me Not

White Chicken Chili from Never Enough Thyme

Big Red Barn Chili from Boulder Locavore

White Bean Turkey Chili from Taking On Magazines

Chili with Bacon and Beer from Foodness Gracious

Chipotle Vegetarian Chili from Ingredients, Inc.

CHILI LINKS

Comments

1. says

Another great round-up…what great choices here. I'm still loving your chocolate-pumpkin chili. The flavors really intrigue me. Adding a chili from my kitchen too!

2. says

Oh, what a fabulous array of recipes…and perfect timing with the upcoming Super Bowl! Although, chili is always popular with my gang throughout the winter!!! Linked up my chicken chili :)

3. RavieNomNoms says

This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing all these recipes and letting everyone link theirs up. I hear ya on the winter here in New England, it has been so very odd how this season has been

4. Kiri W. says

All look amazing, but I'm still in love with the chocolate pumpkin version :) Great post for snowed in Clevelanders like myself.

5. says

Aww, shucks. Look at you thinking of me. I appreciate it. I'll take the turkey verde one though. I was just thinking about turkey and how good it would taste. This is perfect. (You shouldn't have said anything about your weather, you know. You probably jinxed yourself.)

6. says

It was actually 75 degrees here today! Thank you for this comfort food round-up. I am sure eventually we will be wishing it were even 50 degrees!

7. says

I love chili. I don't even know where to begin!! You have such a great list and the weather has finally gotten cold here, so I will get started on one of these recipes soon. Thanks!

8. says

Great round-up, Carolyn! Wow-love having all these recipes in one place. I'm not sure where you are exactly, but Southern California hasn't made me crave comfort food either. It's just hasn't been cold enough.

9. says

Oh what a fabulous round up, and so many different ways to enjoy delicious chili:-) I have been told that the Cincinnati chili is pretty awesome:-) Thank you for sharing, Hugs, Terra

10. says

Thanks for running this round up. Chili is one of the few meals that everyone will eat without complaining. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes.

11. says

I love looking at your web log! All of the beautiful photos get me salivating. I also dream about food a lot, which made my s/o say that I'd found the website for me when I happened upon this web log. I have a big sweet tooth, so I can't wait to try some of your low-carb desserts, but I love chili! I'd like to try every recipe on this list. I think I should make it a meal-planning goal. :)