This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of VISIT FLORIDA. All opinions are 100% mine.
Where do you go on your family summer vacations? Have you ever considered Florida? It may not seem like the most obvious choice for a summer vacation, but summer may actually be one of the best times to go. Your kids are out of school, they’re bored, and you are racking your brain to find things for them to do. Well, Florida has more than its fair share of things to do, for kids and adults alike. And now VISIT FLORIDA on Facebook is hosting the most amazing summer sweepstakes where you get to pick your top three out of twelve fabulous vacation packages. One grand prize winner will do all three packages of their choosing, while 9 more winners will get win one vacation each.
As a Canadian, Florida was always the ultimate getaway location…warm, sunny and relatively convenient for both flying and driving. I honestly couldn’t count up all the times I’ve been there, both as a kid and as an adult. But I didn’t even know how much there was to do in Florida until I was invited to be a part of this promotion. Check it out!
Florida’s Three for Free Giveaway – Sweepstakes run from May 25th to June 30th
- Swim with the manatees in the wild, visit Homosassa Springs State Park, and stay at the lovely Plantation on Crystal River.
- Splurge on tennis, cooking classes and a $250 shopping spree in luxurious Destin. Spend four glorious days and nights on the Emerald Coast as a guest of Resort Quest by Wyndham.
- Explore Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key and Bradenton on bike and Segway, and go horse-surfing, on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
- Thrill the family with a trip to LEGOLAND and its new Water Park, go zip-lining at Fantasy of Flight, and then unwind in serene Bok Tower Gardens, all in Central Florida.
- Be a space cowboy on Florida’s Space Coast, where you’ll learn to surf on Cocoa Beach, have lunch with an astronaut at Kennedy Space Center, and round up cattle on horseback at Forever Florida.
- Train dolphins with the pros at Miami Seaquarium, fall in love with the view from your hotel on Biscayne Bay, and explore historic Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- Be awed by The Breakers Palm Beach, legendary, idyllic and magnificent on Florida’s Atlantic Coast, and be pampered at its Spa.
- Renew your glow with the ultimate spa-cation. In three days for two at PGA National Resort, rejuvenate in healing mineral pools, be massaged to your heart’s content, and enjoy the resort’s signature manicures, pedicures and facials.
- Play on three championship golf courses at Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village, in historic St. Augustine, and celebrate golfing royalty at World Golf Hall of Fame.
- Make lifelong memories in a classic family beach vacation featuring the sugary sands of St. Pete Beach, inviting waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Florida sunshine, and a week-long stay at TradeWinds Island Resorts.
- See Florida’s rich past come alive in St. Augustine, America’s oldest European-settled city. Explore Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth, the St. Augustine lighthouse, the Pirate & Treasure Museum, and streets tred by Spanish conquistadors.
- Chart a course to the Florida Keys for fantastic offshore fishing and four days of tropical luxury for four guests at Hawk’s Cay Resort.
I had a really hard time picking from these vacations for my top 3. I love the idea of the classic beach vacation at TradeWinds Island Resort or the Spa-cation at the PGA National Resort. Or even the Historic Tour of St. Augustine. But I have three small kids and in the end I choose the things that would make them most happy. My three vacation picks were Legoland (sponsored by Visit Central Florida), being a Space Cowboy (sponsored by Space Coast Office of Tourism) and training the dolphins at Miami Seaquarium (sponsored by Vizcaya Museum and Gardens). If I were to win, my kids would be forever in my debt!!! Fingers crossed for me…you can see a screenshot of my entry:
This is a pretty awesome sweepstakes so I am happy to spread the word. It's easy to enter at Florida’s Three for Free Giveaway. Also check out VISIT FLORIDA on Facebook for more information. But hurry, you only have a few more days to enter! Sweepstakes end on June 30th, 2012.