Posted by Carolynhttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/08/almond-flour-pizza-crust-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
© 2012 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
cups almond flour
cup oat fiber OR 1/3 cup coconut flour
cup unflavoured whey protein powder
tsp baking powder
tsp garlic powder
eggs, lightly beaten
cup butter, melted
cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat fiber OR coconut flour, whey protein, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Stir in eggs, melted butter and almond milk until dough comes together. It will be somewhat sticky.
- Take half the dough and form into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disc and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper to about 1/2 inch thickness (around 10 inches in diameter).
- Peel off top layer of parchment. Lift bottom parchment with crust on it onto a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Bake 8 minutes, then remove from oven and put on your favourite toppings. Bake 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Turn on broiler to high and broil pizza 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 1 to 2 minutes, until cheese is melted, bubbly and a bit browned.
- Remove from oven and let site 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Serves 8. Each serving has 21.25 g of carbs and 16.75 g of fiber (oat fiber is ALL fiber). Total NET CARBS = 4.5 g.