Posted by Carolynhttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/07/low-carb-coconut-cheesecake-with-macadamia-nut-crust.html
© 2014 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Crust
& 1/2 lbs cream cheese (3 8-ounce packages), softened
to 1 cup Swerve Sweetener, depending on how sweet you like it
large eggs, room temperature
cup full fat coconut milk (canned), room temperature
tsp vanilla extract
tsp coconut extract
cup whipping cream
tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
tsp vanilla or coconut extract
cup large flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 325F and wrap the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan in foil.
- In a food processor, process macadamia nuts on high until coarsely chopped.
- Add coconut, sweetener and salt and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (it may begin to clump together because of the high oil content of the macadamias).
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and add oil or melted butter. Stir to combine well. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove and let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium until smooth. Beat in sweetener until well combined.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl and beaters as needed. Then beat in coconut milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract until smooth.
- Brush the sides of the springform pan with a little oil or melted butter and then pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Place springform pan on a cookie sheet and place on the center rack on the oven. On the rack below, place a large baking dish filled with water.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until edges are set and center just barely jiggles when shaken. Remove and let cool completely.
- Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan and remove sides. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 or 4 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, sweetener and extract until stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut (I simply toasted mine in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking until coconut was lightly browned).
Serves 16. Each serving has 8.91 g of carbs and 4.32 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.59 g.
Food energy: 422kcal Saturated fatty acids: 26.04g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 11.21g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.24g Total fat: 38.48g Calories from fat: 346 Cholesterol: 92mg Carbohydrate: 8.91g Total dietary fiber: 4.32g Protein: 6.44g Sodium: 200mg