Posted by Carolynhttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2014/11/mushroom-sage-rolled-turkey-breast.html
© 2014 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Mushroom & Sage Rolled Turkey Breast
cup butter or coconut oil, divided, room temperature
ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
clove garlic, mInced
Salt and pepper to taste
tbsp chopped fresh sage, divided
boneless butterfiled turkey breast, 3 to 4 lbs
Pop Up® disposable cooking thermometer (optional, but very useful!)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp butter or oil until melted and beginning to froth. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 or 3 minutes. Add garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 4 or 5 minutes more.
- Add 2 tbsp chopped sage and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Remove skin from turkey breast and set aside (do not discard). Lay turkey breast on a work surface and cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a kitchen mallet to an even 1/2 to 1-inch thickness.
- Spread mushroom mixture evenly over turkey breast, leaving a 1 inch border and roll up from the short end tightly into a log. Wrap reserved skin over log and tie at several intervals with kitchen twine.
- Place on a broiling pan and rub all over with remaining butter or oil. Sprinkle with remaining sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pop-up timer, if using, into thickest part of the turkey roll (pierce the skin with a sharp knife if need be).
- Roast until timer pops up or until internal temperature reaches 180F, approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves 8. Each serving has 1.9 g of carbs and .71 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 1.19 g.
Food energy: 311kcal Saturated fatty acids: 5.66g Total fat: 11.39g Calories from fat: 102 Cholesterol: 98mg Carbohydrate: 1.90g Total dietary fiber: 0.71g Protein: 45.26g Sodium: 1130mg