Posted by Carolynhttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2017/07/low-carb-neapolitan-popsicles.html
© 2017 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Low Carb Neapolitan Popsicles
Neapolitan ice cream gets a no-churn low-carb makeover! These healthy Neapolitan popsicles are a delicious keto summer treat with only 3g of carbs per serving.
cup Dairy Pure sour cream
cup heavy whipping cream, divided
cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
tsp vanilla extract
cup chopped fresh strawberries
tbsp cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 3/4 cup of the whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the sour cream mixture and blend until well combined.
- Transfer another 1/2 cup of the sour cream mixture into another bowl and whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. It will be quite thick so add the additional whipping cream 1 tablespoon at a time until it has thinned out and is of a "spoonable" consistency.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a frosting piping bag or a large ziplock bag and cut of the very tip. Use the bag to pipe an even layer into the popsicle molds, filling each about 1/3 full. Try to make the layer as even as you can and not get any drips down the sides (as they will show up on your other layers). Use a q-tip to clean up the sides of the mold if necessary.
- Layer the remaining vanilla mixture over the chocolate, filling to about the 2/3 mark on each popsicle mold (you can put this in a bag as well, or simply pour it from a measuring cup). Clean up the sides a bit.
- Pour the strawberry over the vanilla mixture, filling to almost the top of each mold (again, in a piping bag or from a measuring cup). Insert wooden sticks 2/3 of the way into each popsicles and freeze until firm, about 4 to 5 hours.
- To release, run hot water over the molds and gently tug at the stick.