Posted by Carolynhttp://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2017/07/low-carb-slow-cooker-lemon-custard.html
© 2017 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Easy Slow Cooker Lemon Custard
This creamy low carb lemon custard recipe is ridiculously easy to make in your crock pot. No standing and stirring on the stove, just walk away and let it cook itself!
large egg yolks
cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
tbsp lemon zest
tsp vanilla extract
tsp liquid stevia
cups whipping cream or coconut cream
Lightly sweetened whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and liquid stevia.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and divide the mixture among 4 small ramekins or jars.
- Place a rack in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the ramekins on the rack. Add enough water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Remove the ramekins from the slow cooker and let cool to room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator (about 3 hours). Top with whipped cream and serve.
You could presumably use any of your favourite low carb sweetener for this recipe, if you are not a stevia fan.