Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/chipotle-lime-grilled-chicken-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
© 2013 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Chipotle Lime Grilled Chicken – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Grilling season is here, so get out and grill with this delicious and easy Chipotle Lime Chicken recipe.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp honey or xylitol honey
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken parts (drumsticks, thighs or breasts)
- In a large glass baking dish, combine oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, cumin, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel, then add to baking dish and turn to coat. Let marinate in fridge for 2 or 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place chicken on grill, skin-side down and place cover on grill (should be well ventilated). Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until skin is golden and crisp.
- Turn chicken over and cook for 5 more minutes, then check for doneness. Insert an instant read thermometer into thickest part of chicken without touching bone.
- Fully cooked chicken should reach 165F. If not, cook 3 to 5 minutes more, until done.
Serves 6. Each serving has 3.5 g of carbs.