Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/chocolate-hazelnut-protein-waffles-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
© 2013 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Waffles – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Low Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Waffles. A hearty gluten-free breakfast to start your day right.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium high. Preheat oven to 200F and place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together hazelnut meal, protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour and sweetener.
- Whisk in eggs, yogurt, hazelnut oil, hazelnut extract and stevia until well combined.
- Grease waffle iron if necessary and pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter into each section of the iron.
- Close the lid and cook until browned and crisp. Gently remove and transfer to prepared baking sheet in oven to keep warn
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with whipped cream, butter, berries, chopped hazelnuts, sugar-free syrup, whatever you desire.
Serves 6. Each serving has 11g of carbs and 4 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 7 g.
Other nutritional info: 257 Calories; 19g Fat (61.5% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 159mg Cholesterol; 73mg Sodium.