Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-chicken-sausage-marsala/
© 2017 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
An deliciously low carb and healthy version of the classic Chicken Marsala. This fun twist uses chicken sausages for an easy keto meal.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 al fresco® fully cooked chicken sausages
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 10 oz crimini or button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sausages and cook until heated through, and golden brown on all sides, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Add the butter to the pan and let melt. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and the sage.
- Pour the marsala over the mushrooms and let cook until the wine is reduced by about half. Add the broth and the whipping cream and bring to a boil. Let cook until sauce is thickened.
- Pour mushrooms and sauce over the sausages. Serve over cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower.
Food energy: 341kcal Total fat: 28.06g Calories from fat: 247 Cholesterol: 128mg Carbohydrate: 5.55g Total dietary fiber: 0.44g Protein: 16.77g