Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-cinnamon-twists/
© 2016 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Sweet little keto cinnamon pastries with a secret ingredient. And yes, they are still low carb and grain-free. Happy breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking mat with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and baking powder. In a large saucepan, melt cheese and butter over low heat until it can be stirred together.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a silicone mat or directly onto a kitchen counter and knead until uniform (this only takes a little kneading).
- Cover with parchment paper and roll out to a 10x10 inch square. Brush with half of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetener and cinnamon. Sprinkle about 2/3 of this mixture over the rolled out dough.
- Fold dough in half and cut into 10 strips with a sharp knife or a pizza cutter. Hold both ends of one strip and twist gently in opposite directions two or three times. Lay twists on prepared baking sheet and brush with remaining melted butter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon "sugar".
- Bake about 15 minutes, until golden brown and just firm to the touch. Remove and let cool.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sweetener, vanilla extract and just enough water to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled twists.
Serves 10: Each serving has 1.89 g NET CARBS
Food energy: 174kcal Total fat: 14.67g Calories from fat: 132 Cholesterol: 36mg Carbohydrate: 3.63g Total dietary fiber: 1.74g Protein: 5.73g Erythritol: 10.9g