Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-salted-caramel-brownie-cupcakes/
© 2014 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Salted Caramel Brownie Cupcakes
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or additional tbsp Swerve Sweetener)
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp water
Salted Caramel Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a standard muffin tin with paper liners (I recommend parchment paper muffin cups).
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter, chocolate and cocoa powder together in a medium saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in erythritol, vanilla extract and stevia extract. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Stir in almond flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups and bake 16 to 20 minutes, until cupcakes are just firm to the touch.
- Remove and let cool completely.
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, Swerve, and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil and cook 3 to 5 minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- Remove from heat and add cream. Mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Sprinkle with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Add salt.
- Let cool to lukewarm and stir in water until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Beat in caramel sauce to combine, then beat in sweetener and flavouring or extract.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes and drizzle with remaining caramel sauce. If your caramel sauce has hardened to much to drizzle, heat it gently.
Serves 12. Each serving has 7.39 g of carbs and 2.66 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.73 g.
Note: These are hefty and filling so if you want to stretch them out to serve more, fill the cupcake wrappers a little less and make 15 or 16 cupcakes.
Food energy: 426kcal Saturated fatty acids: 20.20g Total fat: 36.31g Calories from fat: 326 Cholesterol: 437mg Carbohydrate: 7.39g Total dietary fiber: 2.66g Protein: 16.23g Sodium: 417mg