Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-spinach-mushroom-omelet-muffins/
© 2016 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Easy Spinach & Mushroom Omelet Muffins
These make-ahead savoury low carb muffins are perfect for busy mornings. Make a big batch and freeze them for a healthy grain-free breakfast.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup Bob's Red Mill coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a muffin pan very well (if you do not have a good non-stick muffin pan, use parchment paper liners). This recipe makes about 15 muffins so you may need to work in batches if you only have one muffin pan.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once hot and melted, add sliced mushrooms. Let cook 1 minutes without stirring, then add salt and pepper to taste and sauté until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach. Cook until just wilted, about 1 more minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs, whipping cream and grated cheese and whisk until well combined. Stir in mushroom/spinach mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed, set to the touch and light golden brown.
Makes 15. Each muffin has 2.47 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 148kcal Total fat: 10.60g Calories from fat: 95 Cholesterol: 113mg Carbohydrate: 5.06g Total dietary fiber: 2.59g Protein: 6.17g