Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/multi-purpose-low-carb-bread-recipe/
© 2015 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Multi-Purpose Low Carb Bread Recipe
This might just be the best low carb bread recipe, and you can use it for rolls, sticky buns and pizza!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 5 tbsp psyllium husk powder (about 1.6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic or onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp other herbs like rosemary, oregano or basil. Pizza seasoning is great too! (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup egg whites (about 8 to 10 large egg whites)
- 3 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 to 3/4 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350F. If you are making a loaf, grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan well. If you are making rolls, line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg whites, oil and apple cider vinegar. Slowly pour hot water over, stirring until dough expands. Start with the lesser amount and add a bit more until dough seems like it has expanded about 1.5 to 2 times. Do not add too much water or it can become a gloppy mess.
- For a loaf of bread, shape into a rough rectangle and place in prepared baking pan. Bake 60 to 75 minutes, until browned and crust feels hard to the touch (it will look done long before it really is. Don't take it out early or it will deflate). Remove and let cool in pan.
- Divide dough into 10 to 12 equal pieces and roll between palms into a rough ball. If dough is sticky, oil your palms with olive or avocado oil. Place on prepared cookie sheet. If you want flatter rolls for burgers or sandwich rolls, press down to 1 inch thickness with your palm.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, depending on size and shape of rolls. Rolls should be well browned and quite firm to the touch. Remove and let cool on pan.
Serves 12. Each serving has 7.5 g of carbs and 5.09 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2.41 g.
Food energy: 97kcal Saturated fatty acids: 2.66g Total fat: 5.68g Calories from fat: 51 Cholesterol: 7mg Carbohydrate: 7.50g Total dietary fiber: 5.09g Protein: 4.09g Sodium: 243mg