Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/pumpkin-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
© 2013 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Coconut Flour Pancakes – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Delicious pumpkin pancakes made with coconut flour and coconut oil. Low carb, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the coconut flour mixture and stir well to combine. Add more almond milk if batter is very thick. It should not be runny.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add a little coconut oil. Once oil is melted, scoop two heaping tablespoons of batter onto skillet and spread into a 4 inch circle. Repeat until you can't fit any more pancakes into the skillet (you should be able to get 3 or 4 in).
- Cook until bottom is golden brown and top is set around the edges. Flip carefully and continue to cook until second side is golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm on plate or baking sheet in oven, while repeating with remaining batter.
Serves 6. Each serving has 14 g of carbs and 8 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 6 g.
283 Calories; 20g Fat (62.1% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium.