Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/red-velvet-mug-cakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free/
© 2014 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Red Velvet Mug Cakes – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Cream Cheese Frosting
- For the cakes, puree beets and water together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in beet puree, eggs, lemon juice and and vanilla extract.
- Divide between 4 mugs and cook on high in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, depending on how gooey you want it.
- For the frosting, combine cream cheese, whipping cream, sweetener and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pipe or spread onto warm mug cakes.
Serves 4. Each serving has 15 g of carbs and 7 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 8 g.
320 Calories; 25g Fat (67.9% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 360mg Sodium.