I am pleased to bring you another guest post, this one by Anuradha of Baker Street. Anuradha and I connected originally over Twitter. When I was just barely starting out and didn’t know a tweet from a twit, she was kindly retweeting my posts and helping me gain traction in social media. She’s a wonderfully supportive blogger who makes incredible baked goods. You should check out her Monday Muffin series, it will knock your socks off! As I said, not all of my guest posters would choose to go low carb and/or gluten free, so this is a real, honest to goodness, full carb full sugar treat. You have been warned!
Mango and Raspberry Mascarpone Whip ParfaitMinimally adapted from goodlife eats and Desserts 4 today. Serves: 6
- 2 cups brownie chunks
- 9 oz raspberries, (If you’re using frozen fruit then it needs to be thawed, I crushed mine before using)
- 9 oz mangoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- Zest of one orange
- 8oz mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut your favorite brownies — either made from a box or homemade — into about ¾ to 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Combine the mangoes and orange zest. Stir until well-mixed, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone, heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Beat the mascarpone mixture with an electric mixer until medium-firm peaks form.
- To assemble, place a few brownie chunks in the bottom of 6 individual dessert cups or glasses. Top the brownies with about 21/2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture, then with about 1-2 tablespoons of mangoes and raspberries.
- Repeat until all the elements have been evenly divided among the cups.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve chilled.