Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Low carb almond flavoured coffee cake with a ribbon of cream cheese and studded with fresh raspberries. A perfect addition to your Mother’s Day brunch.

Low Carb Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

I am in a berry state of mind. Despite the fact that we’ve fallen back into chillier temps in New England and have  had an excessive amount of rain, I have my sights set hard and fast on the approaching berry season. Or seasons, rather, since they all come in at slightly different times of the year. Berries make me happy and there is nothing like pick-your-own berries. We try to hit the farms at least 3 or 4 times in the summer, once for each of the big three (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries). And now that my kids are getting more adept at picking, we can bring home a LOT of berries. But they still don’t last very long because with 3 hungry kids, we eat a LOT of berries.

Those freshest of the fresh berries are a ways off yet, but I still have a hankering for lots of berry-flavoured treats. And so when I got mulling over coffee cake ideas for Mother’s Day, I just had to make something with berries. Plump juicy raspberries baked into a delicious almond coffee cake. With a ribbon of cream cheese running through the centre. How does that sound to you, my friends?

Low Carb Gluten-Free Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake

Sounds pretty good to me. And it tasted pretty great too!

Please see my Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe on Live Better America.

Nutritional Analysis: 220 Calories; 19g Fat (65.5% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Total NET CARBS = 4 g.

**please note that this differs from LBA because they include the non-effective carbs in erythritol.

Low Carb Raspberry Almond Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Comments

1. charlotte says:

this looks superb!

2. WOW – another fabulous delight – thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes with us Carolyn!! Question – what would 1/2 t liquid stevia extract be equal to in sweetness? I usually use liquid sucralose when liquid sweeteners are called for and I’m very confused with all the different stevia products. Can’t wait to try this! Thanks again!!

3. Have you tried Nectresse or liquid monk fruit? No calorie and natural. Is the equality the same? 1/2 tsp liquid = 1/2 c sugar sub granulated? Thanks!

• Carolyn says:

I don’t know how it equals sugar, I think you’d have to research that one a bit. Sorry!

4. This looks amazing Carolyn! One of Mr. Hungry’s favorite treats is the junky raspberry cheese danishes you can buy in the store – I bet this tastes so much better, not to mention that it’s so much healthier! Definitely making this one SOON!

5. This looks great. I am so excited for berry season. Hopefully not too much longer till pick your own.

6. Tarryn says:

I made this today, and it is just delicious! Thank you for all your wonderful recipes :)

7. I made this today!! Only thing I changed was I didn’t use erythritol in the cream cheese mixture, I did 1 mashed banana instead….and I used blueberries…everything else I kept the same. Mainly cause I had 1 banana I had to use, and I already had blueberries in the fridge not raspberries so I didn’t have to go to the store for anything lol.
    Oh, I also used a small pan so the cream cheese middle was like a cheesecake filling which was awesome. My family and I loved it! :)

• Carolyn says:

So glad you liked it. Your blog is great, by the way. I put up some of your meatballs (just image and link) on my Facebook page and they were well received.

8. Hello Carolyn, I have been a long time lurker but have made a lot (if not most) of all your lemon recipes (HUGE fan of lemon and found all the recipes amazing). I have some very few questions: Do you use bob red mills coconut flour? I have tried and experimented with this flour but I am just not a fan not sure if it is just red mills orrr…..

Can I use all almond flour and skip the coconut flour part in this recipe? is there a particular coconut flour brand you bake with and recommend? Thanks for putting out such an amazing site!

• Carolyn says:

I do use Bob’s actually, it’s the only one I use. But if you want to go all almond flour, do 3 full cups for this recipe. Hope that helps!

• Thanks Carolyn, I would. I guess I am not just a fan of the baked coconut taste (I actually LOVE coconut oils, fruit etc) but the flour, can’t do the taste when baked. Will try the almond this weekend. Thank you

9. they look delicious!

10. I made this last evening and had a piece for breakfast this morning. It’s an answer to the raspberry Danish I’ve always loved. Sixteen servings, huh? I’m going to have a hard time keeping the portion size that small…or just eat if for a meal. :-)

11. EdiaKaran says:

I made this coffee cake in the morning and now after having a piece Im here to say a Big Thanks! I couldn’t resist and tried it before it was completely cooled in the fridge and its great. I cant believe it a low carb treat. I didnt have stevia so I only used the erythritol that is required in the recipe and to my surprise is lovely sweet, I think good quality raspberries helped a lot!

12. I made this for mother’s day and it was delicious! Thank you!!!!

13. I made this tonight and just swallowed a piece. I couldn’t wait for it to chill in the fridge. This will be one to print. So ONO! Thats delicious in Hawaiian. Wish I could post a pic. Gonna try it with blueberries. Can’t wait for morning to have another piece.

14. I over baked this by 45 minutes, as I (forgot) and drove my sons friend home. The cake was still wonderful. Can’t wait to make it again, and see how proper timing affects it!

15. Carolyn,
    Is there a better way to print the recipe from the Live Better America site? I don’t see a print friendly button and it is 19 pages! Just checking with you before I print it out.
    Thanks!
    Shannon

• Carolyn says:

If I were you, I would cut and paste it into a Word Doc. If you can’t do that, then email me and I can send you the original word doc.