These easy keto crackers have a wonderful toasted sesame flavor. Perfect for pairing with cheese or any of your other favorite low carb toppings.
Working with sesame flour:
- It’s very powdery and fine and absorbs a lot of moisture. In this sense, it’s rather similar to coconut flour. It’s been partially defatted as well.
- Because it’s so powdery and because of the strong sesame flavor, I recommend pairing it with a nut flour like almond flour. Otherwise it can have a strange mouthfeel and be rather overpowering.
- You need less of it than you would a nut flour. In my standard low carb cracker recipes, I use 2 cups of almond flour. Here I used 1 cup almond flour and ¼ cup sesame flour.
- These crackers didn’t take as long to crisp up as my basic almond flour crackers, perhaps due to less fat in the sesame flour. But they still needed to brown a bit longer.
Other Great Low Carb Cracker Recipes
Keto Sesame Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, sesame flour, sesame seeds, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the egg, oil, and water until the dough comes together.
- Gather the dough together into a ball and transfer to a large piece of parchment or a silicone baking mat. Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to about 12 inches by 12 inches, as even in thickness as possible.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to score into squares or diamonds, about 2 inches by 2 inches each. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until firm to the touch and the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely, then break apart.