Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-grilled-sausage-portobello-pizzas/
© 2016 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
Grilled Sausage Portobello Pizzas
Dive into summer with these easy low carb pizzas made in portobello mushroom caps. A naturally gluten-free, grain-free solution!
- 6 medium portobello mushroom caps (about 4 inches in diameter)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp sugar-free tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 al fresco® chicken sausages, grilled and sliced (I used the fully cooked Red Pepper & Asiago)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove stems and scrape black gills out of the inside of the mushroom caps. Brush the outsides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn back over and spread about 1 tbsp of tomato sauce inside each cap. Sprinkle with mozzarella and layer with sliced sausage.
- Place caps on grill and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Watch carefully...as they cook, the mushrooms soften and begin to flatten out, so that the fillings begin to slide off! This is when you know they are done to perfection.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- These actually can be made a day or two ahead, the leftovers heat up wonderfully in a toaster oven or even in the microwave.
Serves 6. Each serving has 4.96g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 264kcal Total fat: 19.21g Calories from fat: 172 Cholesterol: 68mg Carbohydrate: 6.32g Total dietary fiber: 1.36g Protein: 17.60g