Easy mini pepper nachos. Who says nachos have to be made with tortilla chips? Mini peppers make a great low carb base for your favorite nacho toppings. And it’s kid-friendly too!
Hey nacho fans! Now there’s a healthier way to enjoy your favorite late night snack. Really, it doesn’t get any easier than slicing and coring a few delicious mini peppers and sprinkling it with spiced ground beef, cheese, and the best nacho toppings.
Seriously, life is to busy to slave away at the stove every evening. It’s also too busy to hear “Mom, I don’t like this!” for dinner every evening. You need easy healthy meals and I do too. That’s where the idea for these fun healthy nachos came in. I stood there, holding a bag of mini peppers, just knowing I could do something fun with them. And they really appealed to my kids.
And why wouldn’t the? Look how pretty and colourful they are?
How to Make Mini Pepper Nachos
So, easy healthy meals that kids actually like are the order of the day. And these nachos made with halved mini peppers were a huge hit. They will be in regular rotation from now on. Who needs tortilla chips when you’ve got mini peppers?
Keto Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes more if you like it hotter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mini peppers halved and seeded
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- Other toppings as desired sour cream, olives, chopped jalapeño, avocado, etc.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until just cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Add spice mixture and sauté until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up but very close together.
- Sprinkle with ground beef mixture and shredded cheese (make sure every mini pepper gets a little meat and cheese!). Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped tomatoes and any other desired toppings. Serve immediately.