This low carb taco pie is ridiculously easy to make and incredibly delicious – a perfect weeknight dinner. Use your favourite taco seasoning and adjust the heat to your liking. The whole family loves this easy keto dinner recipe.
And since it’s such a favorite among keto dieters, I decided the blog post needed a little facelift. New photos, new commentary, and an instructional video to show you just how easy it is to make.
How to Make Taco Pie
What makes this taco pie recipe so great?
I first wrote this recipe in 2014. It seemed pretty basic at the time and I wasn’t sure how it would be received. It’s not like there aren’t similar ideas and recipes out there. I think perhaps the most famous is the Betty Crocker version. But that recipe takes Bisquick. Other versions from Pillsbury and Kraft take croissants or tortillas to bulk them up.
This recipe is also featured in my cookbook The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. On sale now at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Costco and other independent bookstores!
Now go make some ridiculously easy Taco Pie. A hit with the whole family!
Looking for other great low carb taco recipes? Check out Taco Stuffed Peppers by Wine & Glue (leave out the corn and beans!), Fish Taco Cabbage Bowls by Kalyn’s Kitchen, Crockpot Chicken Tacos from Valerie’s Kitchen (serve in lettuce wraps!), and Taco Stuffed Avocados from Foodie Crush!
This low carb taco pie is ridiculously easy to make and incredibly delicious - a perfect weeknight dinner. Use your favourite taco seasoning and adjust the heat to your liking. The whole family loves this easy keto dinner recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet taco seasoning
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese I used Cabot Chipotle Cheddar for an extra kick!
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a glass or ceramic 9-inch pie pan.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
Add taco seasoning and stir until combined, then reduce heat to medium low and cook a few minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Spread beef in prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until centre is set and cheese is browned.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped avocado, if desired.
Serves 8. Each serving has 2 g of carbs.