Tender low carb scones full of peanut butter and chocolate chips and drizzled with a peanut butter and chocolate glaze. You don’t want to miss this for breakfast! Happy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Day!!!
Do you know what today is? It is a very, very special day, one near and dear to my heart. It is truly an important day all the world over and you want to sit up and take note, my friends. Because today is pure magic. Today is the first annual Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Yes, yes, it’s a real holiday – if by real, you mean made up by a few fellow bloggers for the sole purpose of making and consuming copious amounts of chocolate and peanut butter treats. It is the brain child of Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook and includes 31 bloggers posting delicious recipes from cookies to parfaits and everything in between. We are also teaming up with OXO, King Arthur Flour and Peanut Butter & Co to bring you three wonderful prize packs so don’t miss the giveaway. And you can follow along in the fun all day by following our Pinterest board and the hashtag #chocPBday on social media.
Now, you know I love me some peanut butter and chocolate together. And I seem to have created quite a number of recipes featuring this flavour combination over the past few months. In fact, when I caught wind of this little scheme and was invited to participate, I had quite literally just posted yet another low carb chocolate and peanut butter recipe and I was a bit tapped out. However, I mustered all my creative energy and got brainstorming. What hadn’t I tried yet, when it came to combining these two beloved ingredients? Cake…been there, done that. Muffins…one of my first low carb recipe, for goodness sake. Cookies…ha, I already have several low carb peanut butter and chocolate cookie recipes here on All Day I Dream About Food. Ice cream…done that too. But I haven’t done scones! Yes yes, scones. I do love scones in the morning and I love peanut butter and chocolate any time of day. Waking up to a delicious low carb peanut butter and chocolate scones to munch while I drink my coffee? Pure heaven. And they were easy to make (bonus!) and tasted divine. I know you’ll love them!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
- For the scones, preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, peanut flour, sweetener, and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and butter and cook on high in 20 second increments until melted, stirring in between.
- Add peanut butter mixture, eggs, cream and vanilla to almond flour mixture and stir until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half and transfer to baking sheet. Pat into 2 circles about 6 inches in diameter and 1 inch high. Cut each into 8 wedges and carefully lift the wedges and spread out on baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between each scone.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until just firm to the touch and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the glaze, melt butter and chocolate together in a microwave safe bowl on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Stir to combine and then drizzle over scones. Let set 10 minutes.