The ultimate low carb peanut butter cookies and it serves just two people. This delicious and easy keto cookie recipe is perfect for when you don’t want leftovers. Built-in portion control! Instructional video included.
These low carb peanut butter cookies are all your fault! You people have made a monster out of me, requesting small batch recipes, dessert that serve just one and two. I can’t stop making these cute little things, despite having a family of five to feed. Which is really problematic when my three kids come home from school and are looking at me expectantly. Oh, sorry, kids, I only have enough for two of you. The third is just going to have to go hungry. Who am I kidding? I usually save the two servings for me and my husband. So all three kids go hungry. And it’s all your fault. I hope you realize that you have three starving children on your conscience. How does that make you feel?
They really are cute, though, aren’t they? Truth be told, these little low carb peanut butter cookies were difficult to master. I tried them numerous ways and they just weren’t coming out quite right. My son really liked the first batch (see, I am not such a heartless mama after all, I do feed my kids), but I found them too stiff, not soft enough. One batch wasn’t sweet enough and another was too sweet. I tried both peanut flour and almond flour. I tried melting the butter and peanut butter together, which was easier, but it resulted in less tenderness. Really, the right consistency and taste seemed to elude me.
How to Make Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
See just how easy it is to make these peanut butter cookies for two! Yes, I really am breaking off a piece and putting it straight into my mouth there at the end. Irresistible.
Finally, I decided to do what I normally do with low carb peanut butter cookies, and that was to beat the peanut butter and softened butter together with the sweetener. It really isn’t all that much more work and that way, you get to lick the beaters. And then, to really make them tender, I under-baked them. They were still really soft when they came out of the oven but they firmed up a bit as they cooled, allowing them to have that perfect peanut butter cookie texture. Soft and slightly crumbly at the same time.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Tips
- Don’t melt the butter or the peanut butter. Be sure to beat them together as you would with regular cookies
- Peanut flour gives them better texture than almond flour and a deeper peanut flavor.
- Add the chocolate chips to the top gives you the best chocolate distribution.
- For truly soft, delicious cookies, under-bake them a bit. Don’t worry, they will firm up upon cooling.
The ultimate low carb peanut butter cookie recipe, just enough for you and your loved one. This small batch keto dessert is ideal for portion control.
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a small baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, butter, and sweetener until well combined. Beat in the egg white and vanilla extract.
- Add the peanut flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until dough comes together. Divide dough in half and roll into balls.
- Press each ball into a flat disc, about 1/2 inch thick. Top each with 1 tsp of chocolate chips, pressing into the dough to adhere.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft but will firm up as they cool.
Serves 2. Each cookie has 3.84g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 163kcal Total fat: 13.22g Calories from fat: 119 Cholesterol: 15mg Carbohydrate: 5.70g Total dietary fiber: 1.86g Protein: 4.88g Erythritol: 16g