All the best flavors of fall in this delicious low carb Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with a sugar-free caramel glaze. Grain-free and keto friendly.
Wait! Stop what you are doing immediately. Drop everything and pay attention. This is big. This is huge. This is momentous! Do you know what this is? Do you realize the importance of this moment? Are you ready? Are you sure you’re ready? Are you sure you’re sure? Because this, my friends, THIS is the first new pumpkin recipe of season! Phew! Can you believe it? Aren’t you dancing with excitement? Doesn’t this just make you giddy all over?
No? Wait…what? Did you just say no? Oh man, I am totally crushed. I was expecting to hear shouts of joy across the land. I was expecting drum rolls and fireworks. I was expecting you all to bow down before me as the goddess of low carb pumpkin recipes. Alas, I may have built this up a little too much in my mind. I have a habit of that.
I jest, of course. But I do love pumpkin season and I get pretty excited about it. And I know many of you do as well. I try not to jump in too early but once September rolls around, all pumpkin recipes are fair game. I try to hold off until at least after Labour Day but sometimes I can’t make it that long. I think I might have opened my first can this year on September 1st exactly. I think that’s fair, right?
Now go open your first (or third, or eighth, or whatever) can of pumpkin and make this gorgeous cake. It’s awesomely delicious!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp molasses for color and flavor
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 tsp caramel flavour
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch bundt pan very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves.
Stir in pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, 1/2 cup water, and vanilla extract. If your puree is very thin, you probably won’t have to add more water. If it is thicker, add enough water to make the batter spreadable (it should not be so thin as to be pourable).
- Transfer batter to prepared bundt pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is set and a tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter with molasses or yacon syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sweetener, caramel extract and whipping cream. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Serves 16. Each serving has 5.21g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 212kcal
Total fat: 16.47g
Calories from fat: 148
Total dietary fiber: 3.98g
Please see my Low Carb Pumpkin Caramel Bundt Cake on A Sweet Life.