With the holidays fast approaching, you need easy keto dinner recipes. Am I right? This easy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet fits the bill perfectly. It’s an all-in-one skillet meal that comes together in minutes and pleases the whole family. In partnership with al fresco®.
Remember when you were a kid and the holidays were filled simply with excitement and wonder? It never occurred to you to feel anything else, because they were just such fun and happy times. School was out, snow was on the ground, friends and family were dropping by, and the twinkling lights were everywhere, filling you with joy. But your parents didn’t quite seem to feel the same way. They were stressed, they were tired, they were constantly running errands and writing cards and wrapping gifts and sending packages. They just didn’t seem to enjoy the lead up to the holidays at all and you wondered how it could possibly be that stressful.
And then you became a parent yourself, with a full time job and myriad other responsibilities, and it all just clicked. Oh! That lead up time isn’t all about excitement and wonder. You still love the holidays and everything they represent, but you have SO much to do. And it isn’t even about the gifts or the shopping, because you know that’s not really the point. But it’s about all the little things you have to do on top of the big things you already do on a daily basis. Because what you want most for your kids is for them to have all the wonder and excitement, untarnished and beautiful, just as you had it when you were little. So you come to realize that yes it’s stressful, but it’s so worth it.
But any tips that make is less stressful are surely welcome. Like easy low carb dinner recipes. You have enough cooking and baking ahead of you as the holidays approach, so why make it more stressful by cooking complicated dinners each evening? What you need is a recipe that you can just chop everything up, throw it in a pan and a few minutes later, dinner is done. And that’s exactly the sort of recipe this Easy Keto Shrimp & Sausage Skillet is. Prep work is simple and thanks to al fresco® fully cooked chicken sausage, cook time is minimal. And the best part is that it’s a recipe that appeals to every palate…at least in my house.
I created this recipe a few weeks ago when I was exactly in that stressful moment between work and dinner time, when I had a lot on my plate. I didn’t have much on hand but I had some fresh shrimp, some green beans, a red pepper, and a package of al fresco® Roasted Red Pepper and Asiago sausage. Sounded pretty good to me so I simply sauteed the whole thing and dinner was done. I called it “All In One Skillet Dinner”.
Did you know that I am actually writing a book on Easy Keto Dinners? Or perhaps I should say I “wrote” a book, because I just turned in the full manuscript a few days ago (and it’s already available on Amazon for pre-order!). I’ve become pretty good at this easy dinner recipe thang…and one of my tricks, which I actually mention in the book, is using full cooked sausage like al fresco®. It cuts down on cook time and it lasts for up to several months in the refrigerator. So I can keep some on hand, thawed and ready to go, for those dinner time panics.
Am I stressed this holiday season? Yep, I am. But at least I have dinner in the bag.
Shrimp & Sausage Skillet Dinner
With the holidays fast approaching, you need easy keto dinner recipes. Am I right? This easy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet fits the bill perfectly. It's an all-in-one skillet meal that comes together in minutes and pleases the whole family.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning (or Old Bay seasoning)
- 12 ounces al fresco® fully cooked chicken sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 2 inch slices
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once shimmering, add the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 minutes, and then flip the shrimp over and sprinkle with the seasoning. Cook another minute or two, until no longer pink, then transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Once shimmering, add the sausage and saute until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the jalapeño and garlic and saute until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and continue to saute until just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp back to the pan and warm through before serving.