It just doesn’t get any easier than this easy cheesy, buttery crockpot spaghetti squash recipe. It’s a perfect low carb holiday side dish!
Two days to Thanksgiving! Are you ready? Got your menu in place? Have you tested everything carefully? Scheduled it down to the last minute so that everyone sits down to a hot delicious meal? I swear that’s my biggest problem with holiday meals with multiple dishes…getting everything ready at the same time. It’s next to impossible, really. I have a big six burner stove and a large oven, so I have plenty of space for everything to be happily cooking and roasting and bubbling along. But one thing is cooking faster than you think while another is cooking slower and suddenly you find yourself frantically trying to finish everything off and get it to the table.
This is why there needs to be plenty of wine on the Thanksgiving table! Because after cooking this and that and the other, all at once, you need a big glass as you wipe your brow and take off your apron. Phew, cooking a holiday feast is tough stuff!
Well, now you are going to be all mad at me because I am bringing you a last minute recipe that is so cheesy and delicious, you really are going to want to add it to the menu. But here’s why you will forgive me: this recipe doesn’t take up any oven or stove space. It won’t need to compete with the green beans or the low carb stuffing or the mashed cauliflower. And it certainly won’t have to displace to turkey from its warm spot in the oven. As long as you have an teensy bit of counter space left, you can cook this side dish without having to give up valuable cooking real estate. Even if you don’t have any kitchen space at all, you can cook it in any room. Even the bedroom!
Even better, this delicious spaghetti squash will happily stay warm in your slow cooker while you finish off the rest of the menu. Melty, cheesy, buttery spaghetti squash, ready when you are!
Slow Cooker Three Cheese Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ ounces grated Asiago cheese
- 1 ½ ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half crosswise. Place cut-side down in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 6 hours. The squash is cooked when it can easily be squeezed.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the squash. Add the butter and garlic to the slow cooker and let the butter melt.
- Meanwhile, use a large spoon to scoop the seeds out of the spaghetti squash. Discard. Scoop the flesh out of the skin and add back into the slow cooker. Add the asiago, parmesan, salt, and pepper and toss to combine all the ingredients. Spread out evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and replace the slow cooker lid. Let sit in the warm slow cooker until melted, another 10 minutes or so. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Total fat: 13.98g
Calories from fat: 125
Total dietary fiber: 1.53g