5 Minute Peanut Butter Mousse – Low Carb and Gluten-Free

Sweet and creamy, this low carb peanut butter mousse will help you keep those girl scout cookie cravings at bay!

Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse Recipe

As you read this, I am just waking up to the warmth and sunshine of a Florida morning. At least, we hope I will be waking up to warmth and sunshine, as this is our long awaited and much-deserved vacation. We are making the trip down to see my father and his wife on Longboat Key and then we will make our way back up to Orlando for a few fun days at Disney. So please welcome my guest poster, Leeann of Cut The Wheat, Ditch The Sugar. I have only just recently gotten to know Leeann but she’s such a lovely fellow low carb blogger. She’s supportive and friendly and strikes me as an all-around great person. So when I knew I’d need some friends to fill in while I was away, I asked her immediately. Please make sure you check out her great blog too!

We all love fancy cakes and tortes that take hours to prepare. Unfortunately, we don’t always have time to make them. If you’re anything like me and you’re prone to going off track when you become too hungry, you often need something to calm the demands of a sweet tooth that takes no more than a few minutes to prepare. Why? Well, because those Girl Scout cookies peering at you from across the kitchen are looking mighty good right now—and convenient.

Low Carb 5 Minute Peanut Butter Mousse

Enter my five-minute peanut butter mousse. With just a few ingredients, this delicious mousse will give the ol’ one-two when a sweets craving hits hard. A dose of healthy fats means your tummy grumbles will be quieted for hours as well.

If you’re legume free, you could easily substitute almond or sunflower butter for the peanut butter. Your kids will love this, and so will everyone else in your family. Top it off with some shaved sugar free chocolate, or stir some right in before you serve it. Your taste buds will thank you—and you’ll be happy you didn’t fall victim to those evil Tagalongs.

5 Minute Peanut Butter Mousse – Low Carb and Gluten-Free

Yield: 3 servings

5 Minute Peanut Butter Mousse – Low Carb and Gluten-Free

Ingredients

• ½ C heavy whipping cream (about one cup whipped)
  • 4 oz. cream cheese (or Neufchatel cheese)
  • 2 T natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
  • ½ tsp. vanilla extract
  • 7-10 drops stevia extract (equiv. 1/3 cup, or to taste)

Instructions

1. Whip your whipping cream to stiff peaks in a medium bowl with a hand mixer and set aside.
  2. In another medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla extract and stevia until smooth and creamy.
  3. Add in whipped cream and mix on medium speed for about one minute or until the resulting mousse is light, fluffy and no lumps remain.
  4. Serve peanut butter mousse immediately or store in refrigerator up to a week. Top with sugar free dark chocolate shavings if desired.

Notes

Nutrition Information Per Serving: 325 calories, 4 g carbs, 1 g fiber, (3 g net carbs), 30 g fat, 5 g protein

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. Oh spoonfuls and spoonfuls of this could be shoved in my mouth!

2. How much is each serving? I am assuming 1/2 cup? Thanks.

3. I freaking adore peanut butter mousse so this definitely wold prevent me from grabbing any other dessert or GS cookies in the vicinity. Or maybe I’d just pile it all on top haha.

4. I made this tonight and it was yummy! I am wondering though if Swerve could be subbed for stevia and if so, in what amount?

• Carolyn says:

I think she gave you the equivalent of 1/3 cup in the recipe.

• Oh okay! When I read the recipe I thought it was saying 1/3 cup if it was a non-liquid stevia (like the baking bag of truvia). Ok , I will try with 1/3 cup Swerve next time. Thanks!

• Carolyn says:

I think that’s what she means. I think the suggestion is any equivalency to 1/3 cup sugar, in sweetness. And since Swerve measures like sugar, that would be the amount you want.

5. Welcome to Florida! I live near Longboat and it is indeed warm and sunny Enjoy your vacation while we enjoy your mousse!

6. Darlene says:

I was also wondering about using swerve. Should it be regular or the confectioner type?

7. Looks like this could also be a good cookie/cake filling. With the MIM chocolate muffin??? Mmmmmmm

8. If I used regular peanut butter how much liquid stevia should I use? About half?

9. charlotte says:

this looks…

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. FrenchSophie says:

I can’t believe I did not like PB when I moved in the US. I still dont eat it like that, without anything else, but in cookies or even better, in that mousse: super yummy.
    I had to substitute the cream cheese by Mascarpone because it’s what I had in the fridge and it worked fine. However I was wondering if one can substitute some cream by some egg to lower the calories ?
    Thanks again for all these fantastic recipes.

• Carolyn says:

If you subbed an egg, I am guessing you would want to whip the egg whites to get them to be the right consistency. That might work well, as in real chocolate mousse.

11. Looks light and yummy! Can’t wait to try this.

12. I just made this and am enjoying a bowl of it right now….mmmmm!

13. Loretta says:

I was thinking of this last nite after coming home from a burger joint where I met a friend for a cup of coffee and a get together. I did not give in to the many goodies I could have partaken of there. I had read this recipe earlier and on the way home decided I was going to whip it up upon arrival. Which I promptly did and enjoyed a serving last nite and another today. It was delicious and so easy. These are the kind of recipes I love. Thank you.

14. Wow!!!!!! Delicious.

15. I’m going to try this tonight, i’ve just started “serious” low carb and am in nutritional ketosis. I’ve been guzzling coconut oil and ghee and then this morning I realised – CREAM, I can eat CREAM instead…. I couldn’t get the smile off my face.
    Anyway, I do have a question. For the peanut butter, is 2T teaspoons, or tablespoons???
    Thanks
    Jacqui

16. Delicious! I expecially loved that it was so quick and easy to make…it was a company worthy dessert made on a whim, and was really appreciated by my guests.

17. Michelle from Phx says:

I’ve been obsessed with your website for a few months now but this is the first comment I’ve left. I made this last night with 7 drops of Stevia extract and was sad that it was not sweet enough. However I have made a few other low carb treats with my Stevia extract drops and found the same thing (maybe it’s just my brand). So my conclusion was not to waste it, rather I sprinkled a touch of Sweet n Low on it and stirred it up for a fine sweet PB treat! Next time I make this super speedy treat I’ll use my erythritol powder instead of my Stevia extract. Hope this may help others in pursuit of a sweet PB delectable. Thanks so much for posting sweet things for diabetics and low-carbers alike! Keep up the amazing work. You are an inspiration to us all. :)