Creamy keto cheesecake mousse with white chocolate and fresh berries. This easy low carb and sugar-free dessert whips up in about 15 minutes, start to finish. Delicious stuff! This post is sponsored by ChocZero.
Keto White Chocolate Mousse gets a little update! Now that there’s such a thing as really good sugar-free chocolate, it was time to experiment and work that into some of my older “white chocolate” recipes.
Before the delicious ChocZero chips came along, I was faking my white chocolate flavor with cocoa butter. Which, let’s face it, is one of the primary ingredients in white chocolate anyway. I used cocoa butter it in some keto white chocolate macadamia cheesecakes, as well as in a Cranberry White Chocolate Layer Cake. And it’s how I got the white chocolate flavor in my Keto White Chocolate Mochas.
But while cocoa butter does lend something of a white chocolate flavor, it can be a bit overpowering and it doesn’t quite taste the same as the real deal.
And now that the real deal does exist, I find myself wanting to go back and re-work all of my older recipes for white chocolate treats!
Get 10% off all your ChocZero favorites with code FOODDREAMER. Click here to order!
Keto Cheesecake Mousse
This keto white chocolate mousse was inspired by a high carb version on My Baking Addiction. If we’re getting technical here, it’s actually a cheesecake mousse.
Real chocolate mousse requires eggs, and the egg whites are whipped and folded in for a lighter-than-air texture. I have made this French style keto chocolate mousse many times in my life and it’s a far more involved process. It results in a heavenly dessert but it takes effort and time.
Cheesecake mousse is so simple, it almost feels like cheating. It’s like making a really soft cream cheese frosting and spooning it straight into your mouth. Nothing wrong with that, my friends! Nothing at all.
How to make Keto White Chocolate Mousse
This is such an easy and elegant keto dessert. It’s the sort of thing you can whip up on a moment’s notice and be eating within 15 minutes. You’ll want to keep this recipe close for any time you’ve got that craving.
But while this is an easy dessert, there are still a few ways it can go wrong. So here are my best tips for this keto cheesecake mousse recipe:
- Whip the cream first so it’s ready to fold in to the cream cheese. Whipped cream is what gives cheesecake mousse a light and airy quality.
- When melting white chocolate, always do this double boiler style. This means setting a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Keep your heat as low as possible. White chocolate can be finicking and can overcook easily, so stand over the bowl and stir almost constantly.
- You will notice that I still used a bit of cocoa butter here, simply to help the white chocolate melt more smoothly.
- If you don’t want to purchase cocoa butter, you can use ½ tablespoon of coconut oil instead. Refined coconut oil will have a more neutral flavor.
- Do NOT use butter. I repeat, do NOT use butter. It will make your white chocolate thicken terribly and it won’t mix in well to the cheesecake mousse.
- Add a few tablespoons of liquid cream to the cream cheese mixture. This helps lighten up before you fold in the whipped cream.
- The best part about this keto mousse is that it’s ready to eat right after you’ve made it. You can refrigerate it if you like, but it do let it sit out for 10 minutes or so before serving, as it’s creamier and less firm, more like a real mousse texture.
Ready to make some delicious Keto White Chocolate Mousse?
More keto mousse recipes you might like
- 5 Minute Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Keto Mascarpone Mousse
- Easy Keto Blender Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Keto Raspberry Mousse
Keto White Chocolate Mousse
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream divided
- 1 ½ ounce sugar-free white chocolate chips
- ¼ ounce cocoa butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, beat ½ cup of the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Set aside
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan over barely simmering water. Keep the heat very low, and add the white chocolate chips and cocoa butter. Stir until smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sweetener and vanilla extract. Beat in the white chocolate mixture until smooth. Add the remaining 2 tablespoon of whipping cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined. Spoon or pipe into 4 dessert glasses and top with fresh berries.
Daley Loghome says
Yes I want this
Can I use more white chocolate chips if I don’t have cocoa butter?
Yes but it’s higher carb that way. Also, white chocolate doesn’t melt easily without another oil to keep it from seizing.
Made this yesterday. Sooooo yummy! So very easy, too! Will definitely be making again & again!
Does the nutritional data include the berries on top?
Thanks! (And thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your delicious, healthy recipes!)
This was really good, tastes better cold, if you can wait for it to chill. I didn’t have powdered swerve so I used stevia which made it too sweet. I added some blueberries also. I will definitely make this again, it will be a great treat for me while hubby eats his nightly ice cream.
Matt Taylor says
This looks absolutely amazing! Nothing I don’t like about cream cheese and white chocolate! And Keto as well? Awesome!