5 minute desserts don’t get an easier than this sweet and creamy keto peanut butter mousse. This low carb mousse recipe will help you keep those girl scout cookie cravings at bay!
As you read this, I am just waking up to the warmth and sunshine of a Florida morning. At least, we hope I will be waking up to warmth and sunshine, as this is our long awaited and much-deserved vacation. We are making the trip down to see my father and his wife on Longboat Key and then we will make our way back up to Orlando for a few fun days at Disney.
So please welcome my guest poster, Leeann of Cut The Wheat, Ditch The Sugar. I have only just recently gotten to know Leeann, but she’s such a lovely fellow low carb blogger. She’s supportive and friendly and strikes me as an all-around great person. So when I knew I’d need some friends to fill in while I was away, I asked her immediately. Please make sure you check out her great blog too!
5 Minute Desserts
We all love fancy cakes and tortes that take hours to prepare. Unfortunately, we don’t always have time to make them. If you’re anything like me and you’re prone to going off track when you become too hungry, you often need something to calm the demands of a sweet tooth that takes no more than a few minutes to prepare. Why? Well, because those Girl Scout cookies peering at you from across the kitchen are looking mighty good right now—and convenient. Enter 5 minute desserts like creamy keto peanut butter mousse!
With just a few ingredients, this delicious low carb mousse will give the ol’ one-two when a sweets craving hits hard. A dose of healthy fats means your tummy grumbles will be quieted for hours as well.
Popular Low Carb Recipe Videos
If you’re legume free, you could easily substitute almond or sunflower butter for the peanut butter. Your kids will love this low carb mousse, and so will everyone else in your family. Top it off with some shaved sugar free chocolate, or stir some right in before you serve it. Your taste buds will thank you—and you’ll be happy you didn’t fall victim to those evil Tagalongs.
Want more great Low Carb Dessert Recipes? Check out our Best Low Carb Desserts Pinterest Board.
How to Make Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse
- ½ C heavy whipping cream about one cup whipped
- 4 oz. cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 2 T natural peanut butter no sugar added
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 7-10 drops stevia extract equiv. 1/3 cup, or to taste
- Whip your whipping cream to stiff peaks in a medium bowl with a hand mixer and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla extract and stevia until smooth and creamy.
- Add in whipped cream and mix on medium speed for about one minute or until the resulting mousse is light, fluffy and no lumps remain.
- Serve peanut butter mousse immediately or store in refrigerator up to a week. Top with sugar free dark chocolate shavings if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
325 calories, 4 g carbs, 1 g fiber, (3 g net carbs), 30 g fat, 5 g protein