It just doesn’t get any easier than this keto peanut butter mousse. It’s sweet and creamy, and takes only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make. How’s that for instant gratification?
This deceptively simple keto peanut butter mousse recipe was originally created for All Day I Dream About Food by Leeann of Cut The Wheat, Ditch The Sugar. She was a fellow low carb blogger back in 2014 and although she no longer maintains her website, this amazing 5 minute peanut butter dessert stands the test of time.
It’s one of my most popular keto desserts and you can see the appeal. A cheesecake based mousse with the salty sweet flavor of peanut butter and it only takes 5 minutes? You could make this fresh every day, if you were so inclined!
So I decided to revisit the recipe and update it a little bit so it was more to my own taste. Be sure to check out the video in the recipe card!
5 Minute Keto Desserts
The great part about recipes like this one is just how simple they are to prepare. We often think that a good dessert has to take time and effort and complicated techniques. But when you taste the creamy richness of this easy peanut butter mousse, you will realize that the brilliance is in the simplicity.
Did friends suddenly drop in for dinner? Do you have an intense craving for something sweet but don’t want to blow your diet? Did you have a bad day and just need to indulge in a little self-care that’s still keto friendly?
Then this is your recipe, my friends! Because it really does take only 5 minutes and the flavors are out of this world. Especially if you top it with a wee bit of sugar-free chocolate sauce or some chopped up keto peanut butter cups.
How to make keto peanut butter mousse
This easy dessert takes only 6 ingredients, which you probably already have in your pantry:
- Whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sweetener, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold the whipped cream in until no streaks remain.
- Pipe into dessert cups and serve.
Additional tips for this recipe
Sweetener Options: Use a powdered or liquid sweetener to avoid grittiness. I like to use Swerve Confectioners but just about any sweetener should work here.
Sweeten it to taste. I find I need very little sweetener for recipes like this one, but you may need more or less, depending on your preferences.
Nut Butter Options: If you’re not a fan of peanut butter or trying to avoid legumes, creamy almond butter would work just as well.
Room temperature ingredients: For a smooth and creamy mousse, make sure that the cream cheese properly softened and the nut butter unrefrigerated. They are much easier to combine when they are at room temperature.
Chilled cream: The only thing that should be cold is the heavy cream. Make sure you take it out only just prior to whipping. Warm cream does not whip willingly into stiff peaks.
To serve: Pipe or spoon the mousse into four small dessert glasses (about 4 ounces). Top with chopped peanuts or peanut butter cups, and drizzle on a little homemade sugar free fudge sauce or sugar-free chocolate syrup. Heavenly!
Dairy Free Option
Wondering if you can make a dairy free version of this keto peanut butter mousse? You absolutely can! Use dairy free cream cheese and some coconut cream and follow the method I outlined in my Keto Peanut Butter Pie recipe.
More amazing keto mousse recipes
- French Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Mascarpone Mousse
- Sky High Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Keto White Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse Cake
- Frozen Mocha Mousse Bars
Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- In a medium bowl, whip the 1/2 cup of cream until it holds stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetener and vanilla. If your peanut butter is unsalted, add a pinch of salt as well. Beat until smooth.
- If your mixture is overly thick, add about 2 tbsp heavy cream to lighten it and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain. Spoon or pipe into little dessert glasses.
- Drizzle with a little low carb chocolate sauce, if desired.