Mind-blowing keto brownie cupcakes stuffed with sugar-free peanut butter cups. These brownie cupcakes are so good, no one will ever realize that they are low carb and grain-free. Your friends and family will swoon! And less only 4g net carbs per serving.
You know when you bite into something and you think it might actually be the best thing you ever ate?
These peanut butter cup brownie cupcakes are just like that. One bite and you think Oh my god, where have you been all my life, you amazing dessert? Why have I never had you before?
And then you also think, oh my merciful heavens, how can this decadent treat possibly be keto? Is someone playing a trick on me? Have I accidentally picked up my friend’s dessert instead? Am I losing my ever-loving mind?
Rest assured, dear reader, you are not losing your mind. And you haven’t been tricked or accidentally fallen face first into a plate of forbidden high carb brownie cupcakes.
Inspiration for Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cupcakes
New developments in the keto world have made these glorious keto brownie cupcakes possible.
Not least among them are the new no sugar added treats by Lily’s Sweets. They now make their own peanut butter cups, chocolate covered almonds, and chocolate covered peanuts. And they are all absolutely delicious.
I often make my own keto peanut butter cups and they are wonderful. But while they are pretty simple to make, it’s nice to have someone else do the work for a change. Plus I always see these high carb recipes stuffed with peanut butter cups and they always look so good.
For a while now, I’ve been jealous that they have ready options and I don’t. But now I do. Hooray!
I actually intended to make these brownie cupcakes even easier by using ready-made keto brownie mix by Good Dee’s. But as luck would have it, I actually had the chocolate cake mix in my pantry and not the brownie mix.
Although peanut butter cup stuffed chocolate cupcakes would also be very good, I had rich fudgy brownies in mind and I really really wanted that. So I made the batter for my own keto brownies, which are incredibly easy anyway.
You could do it either way and the results would be amazing. Mine were so good, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven!
Giving Away these Keto Brownie Cupcakes
I loved these keto treats so much that a few of them actually traveled with me all the way to Austin, Texas for KetoCon. I’d made them the day before I went, and I left the bulk of them behind for my kids and husband.
But they were so delicious, I couldn’t bear to leave them all behind. So I squirrelled two away in my carry on and it was so wonderful to have such a delicious treat waiting for me back in my hotel room. They actually traveled surprisingly well!
I do know that the ingredients for these are not available yet for everyone. Lily’s has released their peanut butter cups and I’ve found them in my local Whole Foods, but they aren’t yet available on Amazon.
So I decided to be super generous and send one lucky winner three bags of the peanut butter cups and a bag of Good Dee’s Brownie Mix.
Because I am awesome like that. Scroll down to the giveaway below for full details.
Making Brownie Cupcakes from Scratch
I also realize that some of you may want to make these decadent stuffed brownies from scratch. That is possible too, my friends. Here’s what you would do:
- Make a batch of my low carb peanut butter cups. Let them cool and refrigerate or freeze before adding them to your brownies. You may need to make them a bit smaller so that you can get 15 out of them for the recipe.
- Mix up the keto fudgy brownie batter and follow the directions below for assembly and baking.
- Make the chocolate peanut butter glaze as directed below.
- Eat and be happy!
Definitely more work involved doing it this way but also very tasty!
The Giveaway – Entry and Rules
- Open to US and Canadian Residents only. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If you are the winner and you live in a really hot location, you and I should discuss when it’s best to send these to you. I really want them to get to you intact and not be a melted mess! We may need to wait until the fall.
- Enter following the directions in the Rafflcopter Widget below. It works best on desktop, FYI, so if you are having trouble on mobile, switch to a full computer.
Want more Keto Brownie Recipes?
Keto Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line two muffin tins with 15 silicone liners. Parchment also works but not quite as well. (If you don't have more than one muffin pan, you will need to work on batches. You can also used greased 4-ounce ramekins for the remainder).
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of batter into the bottom of the prepared muffin cups.
- Take one peanut butter cups and press into the batter. Divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups and spread to cover the peanut butter cups.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how fudgy you want them. Take them out when they are still a bit wet in the middle for fudgier brownies, or let them bake completely for more cakey brownies. Remove and let cool completely.
- Place the peanut butter, butter, and chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sweetener until smooth. Dip the tops of the cooled brownies in the glaze and place on a baking rack until set, about 30 minutes. You can also refrigerate them to set them faster.