Brownie Cheesecake combines gluten-free brownies and low carb cheesecake into one delicious sugar-free dessert recipe. My famous low carb cheesecake recipe gets a shiny update, with new photos and a how-to recipe tutorial video. This is the best keto cheesecake you will ever eat. Two delicious sugar-free desserts in one!
I used to joke to my husband that America’s Test Kitchen should put out a cookbook titled “12 Tablespoons of Butter”. We have several of their cookbooks and we also get Cook’s Illustrated, and I’ve often been struck by the fact that many of their recipes take 12 tablespoons of butter. I’ve always loved my butter, but this liberal use of it in their recipes used to horrify me slightly.
This was back in my non-diabetic, non-low carb days, when I bought into the idea that I must use saturated fats judiciously and make do with “healthier” fats like olive oil. Now that I’ve seen the error of my ways, I feel free to use butter as liberally as the folks at America’s Test Kitchen. Perhaps more so, because I now see butter as a healthy part of my daily diet. It adds flavour and makes dishes more satisfying. Maybe I am the one who should put out a cookbook called 12 Tablespoons of Butter! (Hey, that’s not a bad idea….what do you think?).
How to Make Low Carb Brownie Cheesecake
It certainly doesn’t hurt the cause that 10 bricks of Kerrygold butter found their way to my doorstep the a few weeks ago. Hello, lovely friends, won’t you come in and make yourselves at home…in my belly? Seriously, Kerrygold butter is so good. I can happily eat it as is, like a slice of cheese. In fact, I did that very thing at Camp Blogaway last year, when Kerrygold was there showcasing their delicious products. I do believe someone caught me in the act on film. Great. My obsession with good butter caught on camera for the world to see. Ah well, there could be worse things. There is no shame in loving grass-fed butter. This butter makes this brownie cheesecake recipe spectacular.
The only problem with receiving a big package of Kerrygold was what to make first? I asked around on my Facebook page and received so many good suggestions, and I had so many ideas of my own, I was virtually paralyzed with indecision. And then there’s the fact that it’s such good stuff, I almost want to hoard it and not make anything at all, for fear of using it all up and having no more. I finally had to just break through and make something, anything, to get my creative, butter-y juices flowing again. I decided to make a treat I’d set my sights on long ago, a delicious creamy keto brownie cheesecake. Kerrygold butter in a low carb brownie base for cheesecake. How could I possibly go wrong?
Low Carb Brownie Cheesecake Recipe UPDATE:
Since I first posted this grain-free brownie cheesecake recipe in 2013, it’s easily become one of the most popular low carb recipes on my blog. Possibly the most popular low carb brownie cheesecake EVER! It’s a hit with everyone who tries it. I haven’t changed the recipe at all, I’ve simply taken new photos and created a how to video. Also, if you want to make a little chocolate sauce to pour over (as I always do!), try making a small batch (1/2 or 1/3) of my best Low Carb Chocolate Sauce. So dreamy.
Keto Brownie Cheesecake Recipe:
Low Carb Keto Brownie Cheesecake
A creamy keto vanilla cheesecake filling atop a rich brownie crust. Two desserts in one! Low Carb and Gluten-Free
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the brownie base, preheat oven to 325F and butter a 9-inch springform pan. (if your springform pan is prone to leaking oil, place it on a cookie sheet)
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, melt butter and chocolate together in the microwave in 30 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you can melt them together over low heat in a small saucepan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, Swerve and vanilla until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture, then butter/chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 to 18 minutes until set around edges but still soft in the center. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the filling, reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, Swerve, cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour filling over crust and place cheesecake on a large cookie sheet. Bake until edges are set and center just barely jiggles, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen and then remove sides of pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Serve with sugar-free chocolate sauce, if desired.
Serves 10. Each serving has 6.71 g of carbs and 2.51 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 4.21 g.
Food energy: 381kcal Total fat: 33.62g Calories from fat: 302 Cholesterol: 156mg Carbohydrate: 6.71g Total dietary fiber: 2.51g Protein: 8.68g
Looking for delicious low carb, high fat recipes that really satisfy? Check out my new cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.
Things you may need to make this low carb cheesecake recipe: