This creamy rich New York Style Keto Cheesecake is the ultimate low carb dessert. With only 7 ingredients and less than 3g total carbs, it’s cheesecake recipe worthy of your indulgence.
Let’s just get this straight right now. Keto cheesecake is possibly as close to heaven as you will get on this earth. Or at least as close to heaven as you will get on your ketogenic diet.
Yes, you are entirely free to disagree with me. But I have a passion for all things cheesecake and I am ever so grateful that cheesecake is easy to make sugar free and grain free. When I first embarked on a low carb diet, cheesecake was among the first keto dessert recipes I ever tried to make and it was as good as any conventional version out there.
So you might say that cheesecake is one of the things that keeps me happily sticking to keto. As long as I know that there are keto cheesecake recipes out there in the world, I can be keto for the rest of my life.
And they say this diet isn’t sustainable! I respond with this dreamy, creamy New York Style keto cheesecake. You just can’t argue with that!
New York Cheesecake from The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen
Did you know that tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of my first cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen?
It’s crazy to think that a year ago, I was anxiously awaiting the launch of this book, wondering how it would be received. When you put your heart and soul into something, you really want people to love it, so it’s scary putting it out there for public consumption.
I needn’t have worried, it’s done remarkably well and has even been a best seller a number of times. And that’s thanks so much to wonderful fans and supporters like you.
And what more fitting way to mark the occasion than by indulging in a little bit of keto cheesecake? The New York style cheesecake from the book has been a huge hit with readers and it’s one of my favourites too. I am sharing the full recipe with you today! So if you don’t have a copy of my book, you can enjoy it too.
Wait, what? You don’t have a copy of my book? You better go sort that out immediately. Go on, go grab a copy ASAP! It’s sold on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indigo and more. And I truly think it’s worthy of your keto cookbook collection.
How To Make a Classic Keto Cheesecake
There are so many delicious and wonderful cheesecake recipes out there in the world, and so many different flavors to choose from. But the New York-style is an absolute classic and a must-make keto cheesecake recipe.
A few things you want to keep in mind:
- This particular keto cheesecake has no crust. Which is fabulous because it saves on carbs and cuts down on overall effort. I highly recommend lining your pan with parchment paper to make serving this crustless cheesecake a little easier.
- A water bath helps keep this creamy low carb cheesecake from cracking. Be sure to wrap the bottom of your springform pan in several layers of foil, to avoid any extra moisture seeping into the pan.
- The addition of sour cream helps give the filling a truly creamy texture. You won’t taste the sour cream at all.
- Be sure to have ALL of your ingredients at room temperature before mixing. Cream cheese often clumps up if you add cold liquids or eggs to it. Once it clumps, it’s hard to rescue and smooth it out again.
- The best part about a plain cheesecake like this is that you can top it with whatever you want! So many delicious options like my low carb hot fudge sauce or some sugar free salted caramel. Or just go with a simple berry sauce.
So a big Happy Birthday to my cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. May you live long and prosper!
Click here for more delicious Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes
This creamy rich New York Style Keto Cheesecake is the ultimate low carb dessert. With only 7 ingredients and less than 3g total carbs, it's cheesecake recipe worthy of your indulgence.
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 300F and generously grease a 9-inch springform pan. Cut a circle of parchment to fit the bottom the pan and grease the paper. Wrap 2 pieces of aluminum foil around the outside of the pan to cover the bottom and most of the way up the sides.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth, then beat in the sweetener until well combined. Add the eggs, once at a time, beating after each addition. Clean the beaters and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Add the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract and beat until the batter is smooth and well combined. Pour into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top.
Set the pan inside a roasting pan large enough to prevent the sides from touching. Place the roasting pan in the oven and carefully pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
Bake 70 to 90 minutes, until the cheesecake is mostly set but still jiggles just a little in the center when shaken. Remove the roasting pan from the one, then carefully remove the springform pan from the water bath. Let cool to room temperature.
Run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake to loosen, the release the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
This recipe was first published in The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.
Top with berries or low carb chocolate sauce.
For a quick berry sauce, combined 1 cup berries of choice and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, until berries are soft enough to mash. Stir in 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener. Let cool to room temperature before pouring over the cake.