This amazing Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Pie is a Nutella lover’s dream dessert. So creamy and rich, and absolutely no baking required.
Where are my chocolate hazelnut lovers? The ones who, like me, are never without a jar of Keto Nutella in the fridge?
Because this insanely rich and creamy keto pie is for you. Wait, no… it’s for me. And I am not sharing! Go make your own.
Really, words cannot describe how delicious this no bake keto dessert is. It has an airy, mousse-like filling nestled in an easy sugar-free chocolate crust. It’s made in a similar fashion to Keto Peanut Butter Pie, but with Nutella flavors.
But don’t take my word for it. Go make some and tell me what you think! I know you’re going to love it.
Ingredients you need
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hazelnut flour: The no-bake chocolate crust requires nut flour. I used hazelnut flour to really bring out that chocolate hazelnut flavor even more. You may also see it referred to as hazelnut meal.
- Powdered sweetener: You want a powdered sweetener to avoid grittiness in the crust and the cream filling:
- Cocoa powder: I recommend dutch process cocoa for a deeper chocolate flavor.
- Butter: This helps the crust hold together. If you use salted butter, skip the pinch of salt in the crust.
- Sugar-Free Nutella: My homemade sugar-free nutella is the base of this filling. But you can use purchased versions as well, like the chocolate hazelnut spread from ChocZero.
- Cream cheese: Make sure you let it soften properly before beating it, to avoid clumps in your filling.
- Whipping cream: Whipped cream provides a lightness and airiness to this delicious keto cream pie.
- Hazelnut extract: This helps amp up the hazelnut flavor but you can just use vanilla extract if you don’t have it.
- Toasted hazelnuts: A few chopped, toasted hazelnuts as a garnish make the pie extra pretty.
- Pantry staples: Vanilla extract, salt.
Step by Step Directions
1. Prepare the crust: Whisk together the hazelnut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture clumps together, then press into a glass or ceramic pie dish.
2. Make the sugar-free nutella: If you are making my recipe, use a good, high powdered blender. Grind the hazelnuts until they become butter. Then add the oil, cocoa powder, and sweetener and process until smooth.
3. Prepare the filling: Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then beat in the sugar-free Nutella. Beat the heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks and fold two thirds of it into the Nutella mixture.
4. Fill the pie: Spread the filling in the prepared pie crust and refrigerate until firm.
5. Decorate: Before serving, spread the remaining whipped cream over the center of the pie and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Expert tips and FAQ
I recommend a glass or ceramic pie plate for this recipe, as the no-bake crust is less likely to stick. If you only have a metal pie plate, grease it lightly before pressing in the crust.
If you made the Sugar Free Nutella in advance and stored it in the fridge, let it come to room temperature before adding it to the filling. It will beat into the cream cheese much more easily and smoothly.
You can grind your own hazelnuts for the crust of this recipe. Just don’t grind them too long or they will become hazelnut butter!
You can easily make your own healthier chocolate hazelnut spread. Grind hazelnuts in a food processor or high powered blender and add a little oil. Then add some cocoa powder, sweetener, and a little salt. Blend until smooth.
The Nutella brand of chocolate hazelnut spread contains a great deal of sugar. Each serving of 2 tablespoons has 19 grams of added sugar. But there are healthier options, including making your own.
Because it contains some of the skins, hazelnut flour is more coarse than finely ground almond flour. It’s delicious and a little lower in carbs, but your baked goods may look a little more granular. Both flours are useful in keto baking.
More delicious recipes with Sugar Free Nutella
Keto Nutella Cream Pie Recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hazelnut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Prepare the sugar free chocolate hazelnut spread according to the directions.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until very smooth, about 1 minutes. Beat in ½ cup of the sweetener, then beat in the Nutella and hazelnut extract until well combined.
- In another large bowl, beat the whipping cream with the remaining ¼ cup sweetener and the vanilla extract until it holds stiff peaks. Fold two thirds of the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture until no streaks remain.
- Spread the filling in the prepared crust and refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the center of the pie and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.