Hooray for low carb cookies! These easy low carb Butter Pecan Cookies are so good, you will fall head over heals in love. It’s the perfect keto cookie recipe to make any time of year.
So one of the most popular recipes from my cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen, appears to be the low carb butter pecan cookies. I am going to go ahead and say “Well, d’uh!”. It’s absolutely no surprise to me that these unassuming little cookies are taking the keto world by storm. While they don’t look like much, they aren’t fancy, they don’t have frosting or sprinkles or beautiful drizzles of chocolate ganache, they pack a huge flavor punch. They are melt-in-your-mouth and make-you-swoon delicious. And they are the perfect low carb cookies for your keto holiday celebrations.
When it comes to food and how good it tastes, looks can be deceiving. That’s how it goes with anything, I suppose. Some of my favorite cookies are the simplest ones, like shortbread. Traditional shortbread is just the marriage of flour, butter, and sugar. Keto shortbread is really just the marriage of almond flour, butter, and sweetener. And it’s just as good as the shortbread I remember from my childhood. It has the right combination of crispy but slightly sandy texture and delicious buttery sweetness. Really, it’s a formula that can’t be improved upon.
These keto cookies pretty much nail that same flavor and texture, with the added sweetness of toasted pecans. Oh my. I actually had a chance to make them on live TV here in Portland and the host was skeptical that they would taste as good as the “real thing”. But I think she was pleasantly surprised! Once we were off the air, she kept saying “wow, these really are good!” and asked me to leave some behind. The whole crew was hovering over me as I cleaned up after the shoot. I may have made some keto converts!
How to Make Keto Butter Pecan Cookies
Score one for healthy cookie recipes.
In case you don’t own my cookbook (or rather, don’t own it YET…because you are going to buy it, aren’t you??? Right? Right???), I am sharing the recipe here too. I wouldn’t dream of going on and on about these cookies without sharing the recipe. And I really hope it encourages you to grab a copy. Or maybe ask for it for Christmas or your birthday. Because I know you will love these cookies…and all the rest of the recipes too!
Other Low Carb Cookie Recipes To Try
Keto Butter Pecan Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sweetener together until lightened and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 5 minutes then remove from the oven and use a flat-bottomed glass to flatten again to about ¼ inch thick. Return to the oven and bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely. Store on the counter for 4 days and in the refrigerator after that.