This keto pecan pie is the gooey sugar-free dessert of your dreams! It’s easy to make and has fewer carbs, so it fits perfectly into your keto diet.
I am so excited to bring you this updated sugar free keto pecan pie recipe! I’ve been working away at this one for a while because it’s one of my favorite holiday desserts. And I accept no less than perfection.
Words cannot express how much I love pecan pie. Ever since I was a little girl, it was one of my favourite desserts and I would order it any chance I got. We didn’t have it at home very often but if I was out to dinner, my eyes would always scan that dessert menu, searching out the beloved treat, almost before I ordered my main course.
If it was on the menu, I would happily tailor the rest of my meal so that I’d have room for some. I loved the richness, the gooey-ness and the buttery-ness. There was good pecan pie and there was bad pecan pie, but I really loved all of it. As a kid, sweet was sweet and even bad pecan pie was better than no pecan pie, in my young brain.
With such a pecan pie aficionado, you know you are in good hands when I develop a low pecan pie recipe.
And did you know that this recipe won the Keto Pecan Pie Battle on YouTube? Check it out from HighFalutin’ Low Carb!
What makes a good keto pecan pie?
- Rich pecan flavor with caramel undertones
- A gooey filling that holds together but oozes a bit as you cut into it
- A balanced sweetness. Sweet but not so sweet you want to jump up and brush your teeth after the first bite.
- A good sturdy pie crust that compliments the flavor without competing with it.
My original sugar-free pecan pie met all of the above requirements but it was quite a bit higher in carbs than I would like, to be honest. At that time, I was doing the best I could with the knowledge and ingredients that I had, but it was definitely a special occasion treat. A holiday indulgence, you might say.
But a great deal has changed for me since 2014. I’ve grown and expanded my skills in keto baking and I’ve explored new and improved keto products.
And I decided it was time to take a stab at improving my sugar free version of this classic holiday dessert. I can’t even express how thrilled I am with the results. What did I do differently?
Updated Sugar Free Keto Pecan Pie
- This recipe is now entirely sugar free. The original recipe used my old sugar free caramel which had a little bit of coconut sugar in it to give a caramel flavor and color. But now with Swerve Brown, I don’t find the need for it and it reduces the carb count significantly.
- I’ve significantly simplified the filling. Instead having to make the caramel sauce ahead, you simply melt butter with some Swerve Brown and some Bocha Sweet. If you can’t access these two sweeteners, I’ve provided an option for using all Swerve Granular with a bit of Yacon syrup and that still has a lower carb count than the original.
- My discovery that using a combination of Swerve and BochaSweet helps keep things softer and gooier has made an amazing difference to some of my dessert recipes. If you can get your hands on some BochaSweet, I definitely recommend it. But I don’t use it just on its own as I find it can actually make things TOO gooey. If there is such a thing!
- I have also simplified the pie crust. My Almond Flour Press In Pie Crust is so simple and so popular, I only wish I’d come up with it earlier! I can’t believe I spent so much time futzing around with more difficult versions of this. This is the best almond flour pie crust around.
- The original recipe was maple flavored. Which was very good of course and you can still swap out the vanilla extract for maple extract. But this version is a classic and I decided to go with vanilla this time. The choice is yours!
So that’s it, kids. That’s the whole dang story of this delicious ketopecan pie. Now stop reading, head to your kitchen, and make the darn thing. You can thank me later with your mouth full!
More delicious keto pecan pie recipes
- Keto Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Keto Pecan Pie Truffles
- Easy Keto Pecan Pie for Two
- Keto Pecan Pie Biscotti
- Keto Pecan Pie Brownies
- Keto Pecan Pie Bars
Award winning keto pecan pie recipe! Award winning keto pecan pie recipe! This keto pecan pie is the gooey sugar-free dessert of your dreams! It's easy to make and has fewer carbs, so it fits perfectly into your keto diet.
Prepare the pie crust according to the directions and bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.
In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the two sweeteners, stirring until the sweeteners have dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.
Make sure the syrup isn't too hot and then whisk in the eggs.
Place the pecans in the cooled crust and pour the filling overtop. Return to the oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is mostly set but the middle still jiggles slightly when shaken.
Note: If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie with aluminum foil, shiny side up, about halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely before serving.
If you can't find or don't have access to Swerve Brown and Bocha Sweet, you can use 1 cup Swerve Granular plus 2 teaspoons molasses or Yacon syrup. Each serving will have an extra gram of carbs and the filling may recrystallize a bit upon refrigeration.
You can also try replacing the Bocha Sweet with regular xylitol. It should give the same gooeyness to the filling. Please be careful if you have dogs because it is highly toxic to canines.