The best and easiest low carb press in pie crust. This almond flour pie crust is perfect for both sweet and savory recipes. Four simple ingredients make this a hit.
So I am going to keep this one short and sweet…because this really is a short and sweet little recipe. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious. It’s also extremely versatile. You can fill it with all sorts of delicious fillings, from lemon to chocolate to strawberry rhubarb. You can pre-bake it for cold fillings or bake with the fillings inside. It can even be used in savoury applications like quiche or vegetable tart. Really, the uses for this low carb almond flour crust are virtually endless. You are limited only by your imagination.
Everyone needs a good pastry crust recipe and I like to flatter myself that this one is very good. But what I love about it is the simplicity. I do love the challenge of a roll out crust and I have a pretty decent low carb flaky pastry crust. But it definitely takes more work and when you have a hankering for pie, sometimes that effort presents an obstacle. So this one will appeal to everyone, from novice bakers to accomplished home cooks. And I made your life even easier by showing you how it’s done in this little video!
So now the question is, what do you fill it with? I made an absolutely glorious Lemon Sour Cream Pie and that recipe will be coming to you very shortly, I promise. Patience, my dear readers, that one will be up in two days time, I swear! But if you’re dying to try out the crust and you simply can’t wait a few short days, here are a few fun and tasty ideas to fill your pie (that sounds vaguely dirty but…nevermind…).
The best and easiest low carb press in pie crust. This almond flour pie crust is perfect for both sweet and savory recipes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in melted butter until dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to even out the bottom. Prick all over with a fork before baking.
- To bake unfilled, preheat oven to 325F. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To bake a filled pie, pre bake 10-12 minutes before adding fillings. You may need to cover the edges in foil to avoid over-browning.
- *For a savoury pie crust, leave out the sweetener, use 1/2 tsp salt, and add 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
Serves 10. Each serving has 1.8g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 137kcal
Total fat: 12.68g
Calories from fat: 114
Total dietary fiber: 1.80g