Posted by https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-easy-taco-pie/
© 2014 All Day I Dream About Food. All rights reserved.
This low carb meat and egg pie is ridiculously easy to make and incredibly delicious - a perfect weeknight dinner. Use your favourite taco seasoning and adjust the heat to your liking. Kid-friendly!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning (or one packet taco seasoning)
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Cabot Chipotle Cheddar for an extra kick!)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a glass or ceramic 9-inch pie pan.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add taco seasoning and stir until combined, then add water, reduce heat to medium low and cook a few minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Spread beef in prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until centre is set and cheese is browned.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped avocado, if desired.
Serves 8. Each serving has 2 g of carbs.
Food energy: 302kcal Saturated fatty acids: 11.58g Monounsaturated fatty acids: 8.31g Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 1.33g Total fat: 21.23g Calories from fat: 191 Cholesterol: 215mg Carbohydrate, by difference: 2.14g Total dietary fiber: 0.19g Protein: 20.17g