These keto pumpkin pie cupcakes are like the best part of the pumpkin pie. All creamy pumpkin pie filling and sweet whipped cream topping! A perfect low carb dessert for your healthy holidays. And only 5g total carbs per serving!
I just gave my popular low carb pumpkin pie cupcakes a little update. New photos and an instructional video included!
Pumpkin pie is such a classic Thanksgiving dessert, one filled with memories of many family holidays. Whether you like it or not, chances are your house was filled with the smell of pumpkin pie baking when you were growing up. These easy keto pumpkin pie cupcakes will bring back all those memories in one delicious sugar free swoop.
It’s funny because pumpkin pie was never my first choice for dessert during the holidays. I much preferred the sweeter, gooier pecan pie when I was little. I still do, really, but I’ve come to appreciate pumpkin pie for the truly unique creation that it is. That rich orange filling, accented with warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, is really a one-of-a-kind flavor.
It’s actually not an easy dessert to get right and it’s even harder when you try to make it healthy. The center can be too soft or too firm, it can be overly sweet or not sweet enough. And that crust has to be flaky or really, what’s the point?
But these keto pumpkin pie cupcakes are like the best part of the pie, without the high carb crust and without all the sugar. They are just soft and gooey enough without oozing out all over your plate. Really, they are essentially little cups of crustless pumpkin pie and they will satisfy that craving instantly.
They are insanely easy to make too. With a little whipped cream and some pumpkin pie spice on top, you will swear you are eating the middle out of your favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Check out my video below!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe Notes
– Do not expect these to be like regular cupcakes. While most of my readers adore this recipe, some were surprised to find them very un-cake like. This is how they are supposed to be. Think of it as the center of the pumpkin pie with no crust.
– Be sure use parchment paper or silicone cupcake liners. Either works well, but paper liners will stick terribly and you will lose most of your cupcake.
– If your pumpkin puree is very thin and watery, you will probably need to add more coconut flour to dry it out.
– Use Swerve Brown if you can get it. It gives this keto dessert an extra special caramel-like flavor.
– This makes 6 cupcakes but you can easily double or triple the recipe and make them for a whole crowd.
– Do not forget the dollop of whipped cream on top. Keto pumpkin pie heaven!
Check out more great keto pumpkin recipes here!
Love to bake? You need my new cookbook!
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup Swerve Brown or Swerve Granular
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 6 muffin cups with silicone or parchment liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sweetener, cream, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in dry ingredients. If your batter seems very thin, whisk in an additional tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Divide among prepared muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until just puffed and barely set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan (they will sink...that's okay, all the better for plopping your whipped cream on top!).
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Dollop whipped cream generously on top.
Beth Good says
Can you substitute the Swerve with allulose? I don’t like the aftertaste of Swerve.
I haven’t tried it in this recipe… it does tend to make things bake up quite dark so keep your eye on them.
These are delicious! I know when I make one of your recipes I won’t have to throw it in the trash can. I found my thanksgiving pumpkin desert. Thank you.
Had some pumpkin to use up and found this recipe. They were super simple to make and turned out great! I used some Apple Pie Spice since I had no Pumpkin Pie Spice (or ground Ginger to make my own). This had my 2 favorite things about pumpkin pie – the filling and whipped topping. The only problem was restraining myself from eating them all.
These are soooo good! And low cal for a keto dessert – that’s a bonus!
Linda Paul says
If the recipe is doubled, do all the ingredients stay the same, just doubled?
Linda Wenrick says
Carolyn, do you think this Pumpkin Pie ???? cupcake recipe could baked in your pie crust recipe?
Love, Love your recipes!
Yes, it definitely could, but you need to increase the amount (at least double, maybe triple? or 2.5x?). Parbake the crust for 10 minutes first and let it cool so that it firms up properly. I don’t know how long it will take to bake so eep your eye on it.
Jessica Lemings says
Could i use Almond Flour in this recipe?
Sure… but you need to triple the amount compared to coconut flour.
I first made these cupcakes at Christmas 2021. I was diagnosed as a Type 2 Diabetic in March 2021. My Doc told me to do Keto. Since starting Keto I have lost 46lbs in as little as 6 months and getting my sugar under control. I make these cupcakes to have for breakfast. My family especially my 9 year old Granddaughter love them!! We just had the last 2 cupcakes this morning and now making these for the 3rd time.
Thank you so much for sharing these awesome recipes with us. Your hard work is not going unnoticed and I am passing on your website to others!
Made these for the first time today. They were finally cool enough to try. My husband tasted it first, and said it tasted just like pumpkin pie. I put my whipped cream on it, and took a spoonful! OMG! You’ve made my day! I was all sad that I couldn’t have my traditional pumpkin pie for breakfast prior to going out tomorrow for Black Friday shopping. Now I can! Thank you!!!
I am so so glad!
Oh my goodness! These taste ssooo good!!! My husband even said “I’m impressed!” Thank you for giving me a delicious “pumpkin pie” to indulge in! ????????
Mary Gloede says
They were wonderful. Next time will add more pumpkin pie spice.
Jennifer Allard says
I made these and they were delicious – exactly what I was hoping for – pumpkin pie without crust 🙂 …but I”m wondering if I can substitute coconut cream for the heavy cream for my non-dairy folks?
Yes, you sure can!
Sharon Napoleone says
Love these! I will back off just a bit on the pumpkin spice but can’t wait to make again. Can these be frozen? I’d like to prep for thanksgiving in advance.
Yes, they freeze well!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!