These keto pumpkin pie cupcakes are like the best part of the pumpkin pie. All creamy pumpkin pie filling and sweet whipped cream topping! A perfect low carb dessert for your healthy holidays. And only 5g total carbs per serving!
I just gave my popular low carb pumpkin pie cupcakes a little update. New photos and an instructional video included!
Pumpkin pie is such a classic Thanksgiving dessert, one filled with memories of many family holidays. Whether you like it or not, chances are your house was filled with the smell of pumpkin pie baking when you were growing up. These easy keto pumpkin pie cupcakes will bring back all those memories in one delicious sugar free swoop.
It’s funny because pumpkin pie was never my first choice for dessert during the holidays. I much preferred the sweeter, gooier pecan pie when I was little. I still do, really, but I’ve come to appreciate pumpkin pie for the truly unique creation that it is. That rich orange filling, accented with warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, is really a one-of-a-kind flavor.
It’s actually not an easy dessert to get right and it’s even harder when you try to make it healthy. The center can be too soft or too firm, it can be overly sweet or not sweet enough. And that crust has to be flaky or really, what’s the point?
But these keto pumpkin pie cupcakes are like the best part of the pie, without the high carb crust and without all the sugar. They are just soft and gooey enough without oozing out all over your plate. Really, they are essentially little cups of crustless pumpkin pie and they will satisfy that craving instantly.
They are insanely easy to make too. With a little whipped cream and some pumpkin pie spice on top, you will swear you are eating the middle out of your favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Check out my video below!
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe Notes
– Do not expect these to be like regular cupcakes. While most of my readers adore this recipe, some were surprised to find them very un-cake like. This is how they are supposed to be. Think of it as the center of the pumpkin pie with no crust.
– Be sure use parchment paper or silicone cupcake liners. Either works well, but paper liners will stick terribly and you will lose most of your cupcake.
– If your pumpkin puree is very thin and watery, you will probably need to add more coconut flour to dry it out.
– Use Swerve Brown if you can get it. It gives this keto dessert an extra special caramel-like flavor.
– This makes 6 cupcakes but you can easily double or triple the recipe and make them for a whole crowd.
– Do not forget the dollop of whipped cream on top. Keto pumpkin pie heaven!
Check out more great keto pumpkin recipes here!
Love to bake? You need my new cookbook!
Keto Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 6 muffin cups with silicone or parchment liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, sweetener, cream, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Whisk in dry ingredients. If your batter seems very thin, whisk in an additional tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Divide among prepared muffin cups and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until just puffed and barely set. Remove from oven and let cool in pan (they will sink…that’s okay, all the better for plopping your whipped cream on top!).
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Dollop whipped cream generously on top.