Family-sized omelet! This easy and delicious omelet roll makes a great low carb holiday breakfast. It’s simple enough to whip up on weekday mornings too. This post is sponsored by al fresco®.
Some recipes are just really fun to make. On the whole, I find cooking and baking fun but some recipes are more fun than others. At times, one is cooking simply to get food on the table as quickly as possible. That’s usually not all that much fun. And some more intricate recipes where timing needs to be perfect can be a little stressful. There’s not a lot of fun when one is feeling stressed out, of course. But then there are those recipes that are plain old fun to put together from start to finish. I do declare that this is one of those recipes.
Really, I had much more ambitious plans for a recipe to highlight al fresco® chicken breakfast sausages. And then they reached out and asked if I would do a recipe that could be made in 5 basic steps. Well, there goes my complicated breakfast plans! Which is probably a good thing, because mornings are hectic as it is and I myself need more simple healthy breakfasts that feed a family of five. Chances are you do too (give or take a family member or two).
Omelets are easy and healthy, but whipping up individual omelets for each family member requires a good chunk of time that neither you nor I have in the mornings. Why not do one really large, rectangular omelet all at once in the oven? And why not fill it with cheese and sausage and roll it all up while your at it? This may look fancy but trust me, it takes very little time and effort. I daresay I could get this all cooked and assembled before my kids were even awake! Oh and did I mention that it’s fun to make too?
Five Simple Steps to a hearty, healthy hot breakfast:
- Brown and slice the sausage (since al fresco® is fully cooked, you don’t even need to brown it if you don’t want to!)
- Blend omelet ingredients together
- Spread in pan and bake
- Sprinkle with cheese and sausage
- Roll up and bake 5 more minutes
There you have it! But because it looks like it took a ton of work, you could easily serve this as a holiday brunch item too. You don’t need to tell your guests you didn’t slave over it all morning. I won’t give away your secret.
Love hard-boiled eggs? Check out this tutorial on how to cook perfect hard-boiled eggs!
Sausage & Cheese Omelet Roll
Family-sized omelet! This easy and delicious omelet roll makes a great low carb holiday breakfast. It's simple enough to whip up on weekday mornings too.
- 1 tbsp butter or avocado oil
- 1 7-oz package al fresco® Country Style chicken breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, divided
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter or oil. Once hot, add the sausages and cook until browned. Remove and slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 11x17 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal. Grease the parchment.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cream cheese, whipping cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and spread to the edges.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until omelet is just cooked through. Remove and immediately sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with sliced sausage.
- Working from one of the shorter ends, roll omelet up tightly. Use the parchment paper to help lift the omelet to roll it. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and bake another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Slice and serve!
Serves 6. Each serving has 3.52g carbs.
Food energy: 412kcal Total fat: 30.92g Calories from fat: 278 Cholesterol: 329mg Carbohydrate,: 3.52g Total dietary fiber: 0.07g Protein: 22.98g
Looking for delicious low carb, high fat recipes that really satisfy? Check out my new cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen.
Many thanks to al fresco® for partnering with me to bring you this recipe.