This delicious keto smoked salmon chowder is so quick and easy to make, you will have a healthy low carb dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I’m so excited. And I just can’t hide it. The immortal words of The Pointer Sisters are always a classic, am I right? Really though, Easy Keto Dinners comes out in two weeks today and I am pretty excited about it. Okay, perhaps not quite as excited as I was for The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen, because that was my first cookbook and I didn’t quite know what to expect. But Easy Keto Dinners is my sophomore release and it’s just such a fun book, I can’t help but be a little eager to get it out on the market.
How to make Keto Smoked Salmon Chowder
So to tease you a little and get you in the mood for some tasty low carb, high fat dinner recipes, I thought I’d share one of my favourites. I am not supposed to say that say that because I can’t choose favourites and there are a lot of recipes in this book that I just adore. But this low carb Smoked Salmon Chowder is so simple and it comes together in 20 minutes from start to finish. And it tastes like my all time favourite appetizer, smoked salmon with cream cheese.
It’s wonderfully fulling and rich, this creamy low carb soup. And while spring is supposedly on her way, there’s still plenty of time for keto comfort food meals like this one. It’s so easy to make that I made a batch on the spot for my camera crew when we were shooting my keto cooking videos, and they all went home with some for dinner. I was kind of sad to see it head out the door but then I remembered that it’s such a quick soup to make, I can really whip it up any old time I want.
Have you ordered your copy of Easy Keto Dinners yet? What are you waiting for???
Low Carb Smoked Salmon Chowder
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces smoked salmon hot smoked, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and sprinkle with salt. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until fragrant, another minute. Stir in the chicken broth and the tomato paste and bring to a simmer, whisking to combine.
- Place the cream cheese in a blender and add the hot broth mixture. Blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and add the cream, salmon, and capers. Bring back to a simmer over medium low heat, to warm through.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped red onion.