The best low carb fresh strawberry margaritas, just in time for Cinco de Mayo! Fresh berries, a splash of lime and plenty of tequila. No added sugar.
So I wasn’t going to post this until Monday but I changed my mind and decided to bring it to you one day early. See, many of you are planners, deciding several days in advance what you are going to make and eat and drink for a particular occasion.
Or even what you are going to eat day to day, as evidenced by the popularity of meal plans on the internet. I, on the other hand, am not such a great planner. I have vague notions of impending holidays and occasions and my mind plays over all the fun food ideas, but oftentimes I don’t really know what I am going to do until that very morning.
Except for the major feasts like Christmas and Thanksgiving, and even then I usually change my plans last minute. And plan out a whole week of meals in advance? That’s like asking me to build a spaceship.
It’s simply too far beyond my ken. When it comes to food, I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of gal. I’ve come to accept this about myself.
But it suddenly struck me that giving YOU very little advanced warning to make a delicious low carb cocktail that is perfect for Cinco de Mayo wasn’t very fair of me. I may have come to terms with my personality flaws but I shouldn’t make anyone else suffer because of them.
If you are a margarita fan such as I am, you will want to make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. Fresh strawberries? Check. A couple of limes? Check. Some really good silver tequila? Check.
So I couldn’t possibly not give you a few days to arm yourself with the makings of a really great sugar-free cocktail.
There you go, my friends. I am nothing if not thoughtful about YOUR needs. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Keto Strawberry Margaritas
- 2 cups ice
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 tablespoon Confectioner's Swerve
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Swerve (for the rim)
- 2 strawberries
- In a blender, combine ice, strawberries, lime juice, tequila and confectioner’s Swerve. Blend until smooth.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of two cocktail or margarita glass. Place granulated Swerve in a shallow dish and run the rim of the glass through the sweetener.
- Divide margaritas between prepared glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and strawberries.