Bacon-wrapped chicken bites make an easy and delicious low carb game-day appetizer. Or a kid-friendly meal! This post is sponsored by Tabasco.
Given the restrictions of this little Tabasco cooking challenge, bacon is featuring heavily in my recipes right now. Understandably, since I do love my bacon. Plus I feel even more limited, since I don’t use grains and legumes for the most part. So yeah…bacon, chicken and Tabasco. Not a bad combination, especially for an appetizer. And remarkably easy to throw together.
Truth be told, this was the last of the Tabasco recipes I created and I was running out of ideas. But these make a perfect game-day appetizer so I thought I would post them ahead of Sunday, in case you were searching for easy inspiration. They also make a great kids’ meal.
I considered a more complicated concoction wherein I stuffed the chicken breasts with cheese and bacon and brushed them with a Tabasco dressing of sorts. And that would have been wonderful, but I decided to scale it back and make something a little more kid-friendly. Food on sticks…kids love food on sticks. So little appetizer-y bacon-wrapped chicken bites it was. They were a huge hit. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner for your kids this weekend, or you need a quick appetizer to bring to a party, you’re all set.
Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 1 & 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb bacon
- Additional Tabasco if desired
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- In medium bowl, toss chicken with oil and Tabasco sauce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease the rack of a broiling pan. Line pan with foil for easier clean-up.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Wrap each cube of chicken with a short slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Sprinkle each bite with a drop or two more of Tabasco, if desired.
Serves 12 to 15 as an appetizer. Carbs are negligible.
270 Calories; 20g Fat (69.0% calories from fat); 20g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 632mg Sodium.