This strawberry cream pie is the stuff of dreams, with a delicious keto strawberry mouse filling in an almond flour shortbread crust. Easy to make and only 4 net carbs per slice.
Let’s just go ahead and call this keto strawberry pie a celebratory dessert. What are we celebrating, you ask? Well for one, it’s strawberry season. Fresh gorgeous local strawberries are now available in the pacific northwest and this makes me unbelievably happy. Better yet, my own backyard strawberry plants are finally producing and I can walk out of my house and pick half a pint every morning.
But if that’s not reason enough to celebrate, I also want to take a moment to point out that Easy Keto Desserts launches in ONE MONTH TODAY! I can’t tell you how excited I am for this book, because low carb baking is my passion. My true and ultimate passion! And the pre-sales are going amazingly well. So well that Barnes and Noble is really pushing for it and wants me to make sure you know it’s available for pre-order through them! It’s also available on Amazon, but I am giving B&N some love here because they are really working to promote my book.
Now, this strawberry cream pie recipe is not actually in Easy Keto Desserts, but it fits the theme perfectly. It’s so easy to make and it doesn’t require any baking. In fact, it’s quite similar to the Mocha Cream Pie recipe that I did include in the book. They are both no bake pies with an easy shortbread crust and a creamy, mousse filling. But I won’t give any more away on that. You will just have to buy the book to get the other recipe!
How To Make Strawberry Cream Pie
As I said, this creamy dreamy keto pie is so easy to make, but there are a few things to keep in mind.
- You can leave the crust unbaked, or you can bake it first. It’s up to you! I served mine with an unbaked crust, similar to my No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie. But to be honest, I felt that it would have been even better had it been baked. If you do choose to bake it, prick the bottom all over with a fork and bake at 325F for 15 to 20 minutes. Let it cool before adding the filling!
- Don’t skip the gelatin, because it’s what helps this low carb pie set properly. Grassfed gelatin, such as Great Lakes brand, is best. If you use regular gelatin like Knox, you need to sprinkle it over the strawberry puree first and let it “bloom” for a few minutes before warming it.
- Let it set properly! It needs a good 3 hours at least.
- Want to make it even lower carb? Make it without the crust and you have yourself a gorgeous keto strawberry mousse!
Really, words cannot describe how delicious this pie is. And it’s honestly the best way to celebrate strawberry season and the start of summer, because it shows off those fresh berries perfectly. I can’t get enough of them at the moment. I go to my local farmer’s market and I get about 4 pints, just to let my kids munch on them all day long. And then every morning, I go out to my own yard and pick the ripest berries. I have forbidden my kids to pick them, because I take so much pleasure and pride in it myself.
And Easy Keto Desserts comes out in one month and I am so proud of this book. Putting it together was such a pleasure, and creating the recipes brought me such joy. There’s nothing quite like that sort of creative endeavour. I sincerely hope you will consider pre-ordering your copy now!
Want more great Keto Strawberry Desserts?
- Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake for Two
- Sugar Free Strawberry Ice Cream
- Keto Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- Strawberry Panna Cotta
- Mini Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes
- Keto Strawberry Milkshake
Keto Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
Strawberry Cream Filling:
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ teaspoon grassfed gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional whipped cream for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sweetener, and salt. Stir in melted butter until dough comes together and resembles coarse crumbs.
- Turn out into a glass or ceramic pie plate. Press firmly with fingers into bottom and up sides. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to even out the bottom. Freeze while making the filling.
Strawberry Cream Filling:
- In a blender or a food processor, puree the strawberries with the water. Transfer to a medium saucepan and whisk in the gelatin. Set over medium low heat and bring to just a simmer, whisking to dissolve the gelatin. Let cool 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Beat until it holds stiff peaks.
- Pour in cooled strawberry mixture and beat until blended. Spoon into the prepared crust and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and fresh berries.
This pie is light and refreshing. Not overly sweet and a new family favorite!
This is heavenly! I can’t wait to make it again when strawberries are fully in season.
Hi! This looks delicious, I can’t wait to try. Could you please let me know how big is the pie plate? Sorry if I missed the info on the page somewhere. Thanks!
Standard pie plate is always 9 inches.
This pie is so delicious! Such a treat!
I made this for Easter dessert tonight. It’s delicious!! Nice strong strawberry flavor, with a texture a bit like mousse. My only complaint is that the crust stuck to the ceramic pie pan, and it was hard to get pieces out without destroying them. This one is a keeper, and will definitely be made again. <3
Different pans are funny… next time, try greasing yours first. I never have to with mine but some folks do.
Easy to prepare, fresh and light in texture and flavor especially when it’s strawberry season.
Eileen Sanders says
Thinking of doing this for Easter. How far in advance can it be made?
A day or two… I wouldn’t do longer than that.
Hi! I only have frozen strawberries, will that work? And if it does, do i use the same measurement with the water? Thanks
Yes should be fine!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pie! I made it for myself as my husband doesn’t want to even consider trying anything “sugar free” and he had NO idea when he tried it. He in now a believer! THIS pie is amazing! Easy and the flavor is so wonderful! THANK you for a pie I can be proud to bring with me when I go to visit my friends this week!
I am so glad!
This is the second time I have made this amazing pie as it is now my husband’s favorite ????. I pre-baked the crust as you recommended and it was perfect!
Thank you for your easy to follow directions too!
I’m a big fan!!!
I ruined my pie, I cut the cream, what did I do wrong!
You’ve given me very little to go on. What do you mean, you cut the cream? I can’t help unless you tell me more…
can’t wait to try it
I made my crust with plain mini pretzels and melted butter (because I needed to finish the pretzels off). I made the filling as is, except for replacing the sweetener with 1/4 cup erythritol and 2 tbsp honey. It set beautifully, and tasted fabulous! The whole family loved it! Thank you for this awesome recipe!