An easy keto chicken skillet recipe, with a rich bacon, spinach, and feta cream sauce. Serve over zucchini noodles for the perfect low carb dinner.
As much as I love more complicated recipes, I have to say that I am really into easy skillet dinners these days. I love the one pan approach, especially on weeknights, because there is so much less fuss and less clean up. Which means more time to enjoy dinner without the spectre of a sink full of dishes hanging over me. And now that we’re working on getting the kids to do the dishes, I am sure they appreciate the one pan meals too. So this deliciously creamy low carb skillet chicken was a hit on more than one level.
How To Make This Easy Keto Skillet Chicken!
Who knew that getting kids to their chores would be such a chore unto itself? I used to joke to people that I had kids for the free labour, but the reality is that getting them to the point where they can be truly helpful takes a great deal of work. It takes time to learn to load a dishwasher properly and not just pile in the plates willy nilly. And hand washing may seem obvious, but it’s not. You have to show them what to scrub and what to wash more gently, what to soak and what can be simply rinsed and dried. They are relatively willing to learn at the moment (we aren’t into the rebellious teenage years quite yet), but they are always in a hurry to finish whatever task is in front of them.
So I inevitably come back into the kitchen after they are supposedly done, and I have to walk them through how they could possibly do it a bit better. Diplomatically, of course, for fear of hurting their little feelings when they are so proud to have done it all. I also have to be ready for a fair amount of broken dishes as they learn what they can and can’t pile up on the dish drainer. A few wine glasses have already been casualties of this war.
Is it any wonder that parents just sigh and do everything themselves? We know this isn’t right, we know our kids need to learn to be helpful, but it’s such a monumental task unto itself that we sometimes feel it’s easier to do it on our own. I am trying to break that habit in both myself and my kids. And easy keto dinners are the name of the game as we transition into a houseful of helpers.
Really, friends, how can you go wrong with pan seared chicken thighs in a creamy bacon and spinach sauce? The addition of feta was inspired, if I do say so myself. That tangy cheese hits just the right note in this rich creamy low carb meal.
- 6 strips bacon chopped
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain, reserving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper and add to the pan, laying them flat if they are folded up. Cook 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- Add the butter and let melt. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, 2 or 3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the parmesan and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the bacon back into the sauce and stir to combine. Add the chicken back into the pan and toss to coat. Sprinkle the pan with crumbled feta.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.