These easy keto pancake bites are a fun and healthy breakfast treat. They’re easy to make and have less than 4g net carbs per serving. The whole family loves them!
Time to shake up that breakfast routine with these tasty low carb pancake bites!
If you’re looking for a way to break out of your breakfast rut, these cute little coconut flour keto pancakes are just the ticket. They’re easy to make, they taste delicious, and kids love dipping them into sugar-free syrup.
And they make a great grab-and-go breakfast for busy families.
It’s a fun and unique way to serve keto pancakes, and it sure beats standing by a hot pan, flipping them individually one by one!
Oven Baked Pancakes
Cooking pancakes in the oven is nothing new. Pancake batter bakes well in a number of ways and it streamlines the process considerably.
I love to make keto sheet pan pancakes because I can make a huge batch in less than 30 minutes. And skillet pancakes get that wonderful crusty exterior that tastes so good.
These adorable pancake bites are really just mini keto pancake muffins. And you can’t deny that everyone loves things in miniature. It somehow just makes breakfast more interesting!
Keto pancake bites take basic low carb ingredients that you can find at any grocery store:
- Keto sweetener
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Toppings like blueberries or chocolate chip
How to make keto pancake bites
These pancake bites are easy to make, with only 15 minutes of active prep time!
- Whip up the pancake batter: Really you could use any batter here, and even make these from a mix. If you don’t like coconut flour, try using my almond flour pancakes instead.
- Use your blender: Using a blender is quick and easy, and it helps whip air into the pancake batter.
- Give the batter a rest: Coconut flour thickens up considerably as it sits, and in this case, you want it to do so. It will be very watery at first but give it a few minutes and it will be quite thick. Then add just as much water as you need to make it scoop-able but pourable.
- Use a mini muffin pan: It’s the perfect tool to make mini pancake bites!
- Grease the pan well! You want to use bare pans instead of any little cupcake or muffin liners, so that the pancake bites brown properly. So make sure you grease that pan well and work it into the very corners of each cavity.
- Add your toppings: If you’re going to add berries or chocolate chips, I recommend waiting until the batter is in the muffin tin. This makes it easier to make sure each pancake bite gets a few of the tasty bits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wondering what healthy low carb syrup you can use to dip your pancake bites? I recommend the Allulose syrup from All-u-lose. It actually tastes like real maple syrup!
Store the keto pancake bites in a covered container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to three months.
Keto Pancake Bites
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a mini muffin tin (24 cavity) very well. (I double grease, first with butter and then with coconut oil spray).
- In a blender combine the eggs, sweetener and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, melted butter, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Blend again until smooth. Let the batter rest a few minutes to thicken.
- Add ⅓ cup of the water and blend again. If it's still very thick, add a little additional water. You shouldn't be able to pour it, but you should be able to scoop it out of the blender easily.
- Divide among the prepared muffin cups. Add a few blueberries to each (I found 4 to 5 to be just about right). Press them gently into the batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until set. Let cool a few minutes in the pan and then serve with your favourite low carb pancake syrup.