Make healthy breakfast fun with these little low carb blueberry pancake dippers. They’re easy enough to make on a weekday morning! This post is sponsored by Wyman’s.
Do you get into a breakfast rut? You wake up, wander to the kitchen, grab a cup of coffee and think…same old same old. You could have eggs…again. Or you could have a low carb muffin…again. Maybe you have some low carb bread on hand for toast…again. Whatever your breakfast routine, you’re sick of it and you want something different. Yep, this happens in my house too, with relative frequency. Three hungry children don’t help. They wander down, bleary-eyed, and look at me expectantly. What’s for breakfast, Mum? And sometimes, I just look back at them blankly because we’re all sick of the usual breakfasts and I don’t know what to do.
I always want my kids to eat a healthy, filling low carb breakfast. But sometimes I also hit on something that’s really fun to make and to eat. And then, instead of the bleary-eyed sigh my kids give me in the morning, I get bright eyed delight. There is something about little bite-sized blueberry pancakes that you can dip into your own little bowl of syrup that just makes breakfast fun again.
But making tiny individual pancakes the regular way, mixing the batter and spooning them into the pan and flipping them all over and then adding more to the pan…that’s a lot of work! No thanks. How about we streamline the process instead? How about we whip up some of my famous low carb Coconut Flour Pancake batter, but this time, we do it in the blender? That certainly saves a little time. And then, instead of slaving over a hot stove flipping little mini pancakes one by one, we just bake them in a mini muffin tin? And be sure to pop a few of Wyman’s frozen wild blueberries into each little pancake, to make them really special!
Yup, that sounds about right. Much easier and just as tasty and fun. This one was a huge win for the kids, they loved dipping them into syrup and licking off their fingers. And just the smell of them baking was heavenly, all that wild blueberry goodness coming through. Definitely a great way to shake yourself out of a breakfast rut!
Blueberry Pancake Bites
Make healthy breakfast fun with these little low carb blueberry pancake dippers. They're easy enough to make on a weekday morning!
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a mini muffin tin (24 cavity) very well. (I double grease, first with butter and then with coconut oil spray).
- In a blender combine the eggs, sweetener and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, melted butter, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Blend again until smooth. It will seem very liquidy but let it sit a few minutes and it will thicken up considerably. Add 1/3 cup of the water and blend again. If it's still very thick, add a little additional water. You shouldn't be able to pour it, but you should be able to scoop it out of the blender easily.
- Divide among the prepared muffin cups. Add a few blueberries to each (I found 4 to 5 to be just about right). Press them gently into the batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until set. Let cool a few minutes in the pan and then serve with your favourite low carb pancake syrup (I used Lakanto).
Serves 6. Each serving has 3.76g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 188kcal Total fat: 13.79g Calories from fat: 124 Cholesterol: 151mg Carbohydrate: 7.50g Total dietary fiber: 3.74g Protein: 5.69g Erythritol: 10g
Many thanks to Wyman’s for partnering with me to bring you this recipe.