Rich and delicious, this keto Buffalo Chicken Soup will warm you right down to your toes! An easy low carb soup recipe you can whip up in less than 30 minutes.
Hooray, soup season is here! And this Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe is the best way to dig in and enjoy it.
Well, it’s here in Portland, anyway. We had our share of hot hot summer days this year and so this cool weather feels much like a well deserved change. And really, I don’t think anything feels as good as when it finally cools off enough to eat soup again.
I love low carb soup so much, I sometimes eat it for breakfast. I did that very thing the other day with some leftover low carb Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup. And I love soup so much, I wrote a whole book about it. Keto Soups and Stews is on sale now!
Since I love my soup and comfort foods so much, you know I have to have plenty of broth in my pantry. I love to make my own but I don’t always have the opportunity. So I like keeping really good, flavorful broths on hand at all times.
I’ve just discovered Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth, put out by the folks behind the popular Zoup! fast-casual restaurants. Based on requests from customers, they wanted to make a premium broth that was so flavorful, it was good enough to drink on its own. So they set about creating restaurant-quality products that can be found in your local supermarket.
It’s paleo-friendly/zero carbs, completely free of hormones, GMO’s, and trans fats, so it fits the low carb and keto lifestyles perfectly. And perfect for this Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Soup
This is an easy one, my friends. And we can all use more easy and comforting keto recipes, right?
Sauté your veggies first. This always brings out the best flavor, especially if you sauté in butter. I used 2 stalks of celery and only a 1/4 cup onion, since onions have a significant amount of carbs.
Add tomato paste. This helps boost both the flavor and the color. Look at that gorgeous and inviting orange!
Add the broth and the Buffalo Wing sauce. Use a quality broth for the best flavor. If you don’t have any homemade, the Zoup is a great choice.
We always have tons of Buffalo sauce in our house, since my son loves it so much. I used 1/4 cup but you could add more if you like it with a little more heat.
Use cream cheese to thicken. It’s a great way to thicken a creamy soup without adding a lot of carbs. I like to put it into my blender first and then some hot broth. This ensures that it blends up nice and smooth. Then add this back into the pot.
Add the cooked chicken. Grab some rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it up for an easy dinner. Or check out this Crockpot Shredded Chicken from Veggie Balance! Having pre-cooked chicken on hand makes dinner time super easy.
More Delicious Keto Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Rich and delicious, this keto Buffalo Chicken Chowder will warm you right down to your toes! A low carb soup recipe you don't want to miss.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups Zoup! Good Really Good™ Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Chopped celery for garnish
- Crumbled bleu cheese for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter until frothy. Add the celery and onion and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the tomato paste until well combined, and then add the broth and Buffalo sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Place the cream cheese in a blender or food processor and add about 1 cup of the hot broth. Blend until smooth, then add the cream cheese mixture back into the saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and bring back to just a simmer, then stir in the chopped chicken. Divide among 6 bowls and garnish with chopped celery and bleu cheese.