Rich and delicious, this keto Buffalo Chicken Chowder will warm you right down to your toes! A low carb soup recipe you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. This post is sponsored by Zoup! Broth.
Hooray, soup season is here! Well, it’s here in Portland, anyway. We had our share of hot hot summer days this year and so this cool weather feels much like a well deserved change. And really, I don’t think anything feels as good as when it finally cools off enough to eat soup again. I love it so much, I sometimes eat it for breakfast. I did that very thing the other day with some leftover low carb Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup, since I had so much leftover from my first live cooking demo on our local ABC affiliate.
Since I love my soup and comfort foods so much, you know I have to have plenty of broth in my pantry. I love to make my own but I don’t always have the opportunity. So I like keeping really good, flavorful broths on hand at all times. I’ve just discovered Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth, put out by the folks behind the popular Zoup! fast-casual restaurants. Based on requests from customers, they wanted to make a premium broth that was so flavorful, it was good enough to drink on its own. So they set about creating restaurant-quality products that can be found in your local supermarket.
It’s kettle-cooked in small batches, just as good broth should be, and they have a range of everything from veggie broth to premium beef and chicken bone broths. They sent me a wonderful selection to try out in my own kitchen. I love that it comes in jars instead of cartons or cans and I think that helps it retain the flavors better. It’s paleo-friendly/zero carbs, completely free of hormones, GMO’s, and trans fats, so it fits the low carb and keto lifestyles perfectly.
I cracked open my first jar of Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Chicken Bone Broth the minute it arrived and even from smell alone, I knew this would be a very tasty option. I wanted to make an easy but really hearty soup, one that would fill us all up on a chilly October night. And one that my somewhat picky children would all enjoy. One thing that’s always a hit with them is anything buffalo-flavored. So a rich low carb Buffalo Chicken Chowder was top of my list. It was a huge hit and my only regret is that I didn’t make a double batch!
And Zoup! wants you to try their broth too, which is why I am giving away 4 jars to one lucky winner!
Want to try Zoup! for yourself? The broth can be found at retailers nationwide, including Albertsons, The Fresh Market, Giant, Giant Eagle, Kroger, Rouse’s, Gelson’s, Central Market, Fresh Thyme and Safeway. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Also grab a $1 off coupon for Zoup! Good, Really Good™ Broth HERE
Rich and delicious, this keto Buffalo Chicken Chowder will warm you right down to your toes! A low carb soup recipe you don't want to miss.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups Zoup! Good Really Good™ Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Buffalo-style wing sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Chopped celery for garnish
- Crumbled bleu cheese for garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter until frothy. Add the celery and onion and sauté until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the tomato paste until well combined, and then add the broth and Buffalo sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Place the cream cheese in a blender or food processor and add about 1 cup of the hot broth. Blend until smooth, then add the cream cheese mixture back into the saucepan.
- Stir in the cream and bring back to just a simmer, then stir in the chopped chicken. Divide among 6 bowls and garnish with chopped celery and bleu cheese.